Find passionate professionals in the homelessness sector
Are you an employer in search of skilled professionals in the homelessness and supported housing sector?
You’ve come to the right place.
Homeless Link is the national membership charity for frontline homelessness services. We work to make services better and campaign for policy change that will help end homelessness.
As part of that work, we have created this Job Board to help the sector to find the very best staff and volunteers to deliver the highest quality services for people experiencing homelessness.
Our platform is tailored to meet the unique needs of homelessness organisations, providing you with the tools to build a dedicated and effective team.
Why choose the Homeless Link Job Board?
- Effortless posting: We offer a user-friendly platform that simplifies the job posting process, allowing you to focus on building a strong and capable team.
- Cost-effective: Job advertising starts from just £50. Homeless Link members receive a 25% discount on all Job Board advertising. Plus, enjoy up to 20% off when purchasing job advertisement credits in bulk, ensuring your recruitment efforts remain cost-effective as you grow.
- Free volunteer and lived experience postings: Jobs that have been ring-fenced for applicants with lived experience of homelessness and any volunteering jobs are free to advertise on the Job Board.
- Specialist expertise: We are the sector’s most specialised Job Board, catering exclusively to the homelessness sector, so we can help you to connect you with candidates passionate about ending homelessness.
- Widespread promotion: Your job vacancies reach a wide audience, as we actively promote them to our subscriber base of over 2000 job seekers.
Choose the right package for you
In addition, to our standard job posting, we offer a range of premium packages to help your job reach the right candidate:
- Featured Job Listings: Make your job postings stand out by featuring them in search results, ensuring they attract the right candidates.
- Candidate Database Search: With our Premium Job Package, access a database of potential candidates and explore up to 5 CVs of individuals actively seeking opportunities.
- Featured Recruiter: Increase your organisation's visibility by being prominently featured on our home page and within our recruiter directory. To discuss being a featured recruiter, please contact us directly.
Resources to support you
Recruiting for homelessness organisations can be challenging, so we have created a range of resources to support the sector when it comes to recruitment:
- Job descriptions: We have created standard job descriptions for common roles in the homeless sector, from advice workers to Project Managers, and even Chief Executives and trustees.
- DBS Guidance: We've produced an overview of the different types of Disclosure and Barring Service checks when recruiting.
- Recruitment policies: For organisations who are new to employment we can offer consultancy support such as with drafting policies etc.
Want to become a more inclusive recruiter?
At Homeless Link, we champion inclusive recruitment practices:
- Ban the Box: We encourage organisations to give applicants with convictions a fair chance when competing for jobs by removing the tick box in application forms and asking about convictions later on in the recruitment process. Give applicants with convictions a fair chance
- Show the Salary: We have signed the Show the Salary pledge and would encourage other recruiters to do so too. The campaign aims to close pay gaps and inequalities in the job market by encouraging employers to be transparent about pay expectations and to not ask for previous salaries in the application process. Tackle pay gaps in the charity sector
- EIDA Membership: We're proud members of the Employers' Initiative on Domestic Abuse (EIDA), a network of employers who are leading the way in taking action on domestic abuse. We would encourage all employers to sign-up to help those in the workforce who are impacted by domestic abuse. Take action on domestic abuse
Ready to post a job?
Posting a job with Homeless Link is easy:
- Sign up: Register as a recruiter on our Job Board.
- Choose credits: Select a package that suits your needs.
- Post and manage: Effortlessly upload, manage, and publish your job advert. Add as many users to your account as required.
Register as a recruiter