We are looking for a volunteer hairdresser to take part in a one-off opportunity, cutting the hair of our residents during our health day on Thursday 17th June 2021.
Tasks & Activities:
- Cut the hair of the people we support.
- Meet special requirements the people we support have, within reason.
- Interact with our residents.
- Support participation in our health day through offering haircuts.
We hope you…
- Complete the volunteering induction prior to volunteering.
- Attend reliably at the agreed time.
- Maintain boundaries and confidentiality.
- Are polite and respectful whilst volunteering.
- Contribute to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment.
Qualities & Experience:
- Professional experience of cutting hair.
- Able to use your own hairdressing tools.
- Confident talking to the diverse group of people we support.
- Awareness of the support needs of the people we support.
What to Expect:
- We will reimburse reasonable expenses.
- A welcoming environment where you will meet our residents and staff.
Central London, like many cities across the world, is an exciting and stimulating place. However, for some, it is a place to go when things have gone profoundly wrong and there is nowhere else. When people are on the edge, homeless, isolated and in despair there must be a place to turn. The Connection is there to be with people as they overcome that isolation, recover and move on to a meaningful, fulfilling life.
Deadline for applications: Monday, 15 June 2021