As a Volunteer Barber you will be providing the people we support with support with haircuts, supporting them to feel reinvigorated.
Tasks & Activities:
- Cut the hair of the people we support.
- Meet any special requirements the people we support have, within reason.
- Interact with the people we support in our services.
- Support event and group participation through offering haircuts.
We hope you…
- Complete the volunteering induction prior to your first shift.
- Attend each of your volunteering shifts reliably at the agreed time.
- Maintain boundaries and confidentiality.
- Are polite and respectful whilst volunteering.
- Contribute to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment.
Qualities & Experience:
- Professional experience of cutting hair.
- Able to use your own barber tools.
- Confident talking to the diverse group of people we support.
- Awareness of the support needs of the people we support.
What to Expect:
- We will reimburse reasonable expenses.
- Development opportunities such as training and shadowing.
- A volunteer supervisor to meet with you for regular check-ins.
Central London, like many cities across the world, is an exciting and stimulating place. However, for some, it is a place to go when things have gone profoundly wrong and there is nowhere else. When people are on the edge, homeless, isolated and in despair there must be a place to turn. The Connection is there to be with people as they overcome that isolation, recover and move on to a meaningful, fulfilling life.
Deadline for applications: Thursday, 1 July 2021