Are you passionate about everyone having the opportunity to live a fulfilling life? Do you have the spark to develop ideas that foster change? Then Groundswell would love to hear from you!
We are looking for two people to join our Board, providing valuable guidance, support & expertise.
We particularly welcome applications from people with at least one of the following characteristics:
- Lived experience of homelessness
- Black, Asian or person of colour
- Close understanding of the NHS and how it operates
- Based outside London - to help represent our national expansion
This is to encourage a Board of Trustees that is representative of the population groups we serve and recognises that greater diversity of backgrounds and perspectives will strengthen the Board’s role going forward.
Groundswell Core Beliefs:
- The whole community benefits when we effectively tackle homelessness and social exclusion.
- We believe in people. People are society’s most valuable resource, and everyone has the capacity to make a contribution.
- There is no “them” and “us” – only us. Groundswell brings everyone together to create genuine solutions to homelessness.
- Participation works. Supporting people to participate creates more effective services and policy – and crucially enables people to move out of homelessness.
The ideal person for our Board of Trustees will be people-centred and wholeheartedly committed to the core beliefs and aims of Groundswell. Plus able to devote the necessary time and effort to add value to the organisation.
To make an application, please submit your CV and answer the application questions within the Trustee Application Pack linked below. A full description of the role is also included in the Pack.
The deadline date for applications is: 5pm, Friday 12th March 2021
Interviews will take place the week commencing Monday 22nd March.
Any queries regarding this role, please contact the Chair of the Board, Jenny Yates at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Trustee Application Pack