GIPSIL is committed to all aspects of safeguarding. We believe that all children and adults, who are at risk of harm, have the right to be protected from abuse. GIPSIL aims to ensure that all staff and voluntary workers who seek work at GIPSIL and who have access to children and adults are safe to do so.
GIPSIL is a community based organisation providing housing, counselling, advice and support to young and vulnerable people at risk in Leeds.
As an organisation we are committed to the following principles in recruitment to ensure we can effectively achieve our aim of providing equal opportunitiesand safer recruitment;
- We recruit for potential, not perfection
- We are avalues basedrecruiter
- We value lived experience as a demonstration of capability for a role
- We only utilise truly “essential” criteria in recruitment
- We are committed to safer recruitment practice
- When we refer to Values we are talking about our organisational Values, found here.
- We are a disability confident employer.
The Therapeutic Manager role is an exciting opportunity to manage, support and develop our Therapeutic Services within GIPSIL. You will manage therapeutic service delivery within schools and within the Our Way Leeds service for young people aged 16-25.
The main responsibilities of the post include:
- To ensure the effective delivery of the counselling services within schools and OWL. Liaising with cluster managers, schools and other relevant GIPSIL and OWL partner staff.
- To support staff in collecting and storing relevant data on MYMUP and Gateway systems
- To work closely with the Operations manager to identify new work and sources of funding, as well as develop existing services, managing smaller projects and budgets as required.
- Be the main point of contact for counselling volunteers and liaise with college placement leads/tutors.
- Provide reflective group supervision to the Wellbeing Team and other staff within Gipsil.
- Lead, supervise and support relevant staff in accordance with Gipsil policies.
To apply for this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0113 2000857 for a full application pack and application link
To arrange an informal conversation about this role please contact Becky Jones via email; email@example.com
Please note that GIPSIL will not accept CVs. No agencies.
Deadline for applications: Weds 16th June 12:00pm (noon)
Shortlisting Date:17th June
Interview Date: Thursday 24th June
You will be informed within 5 working days of the Shortlisting Date if you have been successful or not.