A clean UK driving license and an ability to work late night shifts are the essential requirements for this role.
Our vision is to end street homelessness. At Thames Reach we are committed to helping homeless and vulnerable people to live in decent homes, build supportive relationships and lead fulfilling lives.
Support Workers work at night covering a group of boroughs by car, responding to new referrals for rough sleepers, assessing those met before offering and transporting them to emergency accommodation. This is a challenging and extremely rewarding role that requires you to assertively reinforce our message that rough sleeping is an unsafe choice and give the people you meet clear information about their available options and the necessary encouragement and support they need to make an informed choice to move away from the street.
As the successful candidate you will:
• Contribute to the continual improvement of service effectiveness, ensuring that service users or internal customers receive a high-quality outcome-focused service.
• Work with team members including the Complex Caseworker, Lead Managers and Senior Practitioners to ensure that casework in the team is effectively delivered, including giving appropriate feedback to the line manager on the need for appropriate action to address problematic areas.
• Provide key-work, support any crisis intervention work, complete case recording, face to face work, group work, advice giving, advocacy and other interpersonal work.
• Promote best practice, including person centred support planning and effective casework management.
• Represent Thames Reach at other external meetings as required.
You will have:
• The ability to manage a varied caseload that works effectively with a range of clients’, and successfully engages with clients with a range of support needs, using an outcome-based approach.
• A mature and thoughtful and proactive approach to the implementation of equal opportunities and management of diversity.
• An understanding of what is required to establish and maintain effective working relationships with service users, colleagues, funders, housing providers and other professionals and organisations.
• An understanding of, and adherence to legislation, procedures, policies, and good practice guidelines relevant to the role.
We are listed in the top 100 UK Best Workplaces 2022 in the UK. As part of a commitment to our employees we offer:
• Generous holiday allowance – 29 days per year plus 8 public holidays (pro rata).
• Pension – we contribute 6.5% to your pension when you contribute 1.5%.
• Excellent development opportunities – career progression, regular supervision and appraisals, and learning programmes to support your career with Thames Reach.
• Wellbeing support – our 24/7 employee assistance programme and opportunities for TOIL.
• Life assurance – four times your annual salary with cover starting on your first day of employment.
• Critical illness – one year’s annual salary in the event you are diagnosed with a critical illness.
• Other benefits including interest free season ticket and cycle to work loans.
Thames Reach is committed to achieving a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We value, respect, and celebrate diversity. We welcome and encourage applicants from all sections of the community regardless of their history of homelessness, sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religious belief.
Closing date: 21/08/2022; Interview date: 01/09/2022