At Thames Reach we are committed to helping homeless and vulnerable people to live in decent homes, build supportive relationships and lead fulfilling lives. Our vision is to end street homelessness and our aim is to deliver high quality, effective services to those who have experienced homelessness.
We are looking for organised and motivated Support Workers to work on an innovative project providing accommodation and resettlement support.
The successful support workers will work with the housing provider and referring agencies to ensure service users can move towards independence in their new homes. They will assess people referred into the service and support with the service user’s initial resettlement, following which ongoing support will be provided to those who still need it. People who no longer need support from the service will be offered a Keeping in Touch service, that is also maintained by the PLACE team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone that enjoys working in a fast paced environment.
The role requires creative joint working with referring agencies, Thames Reach staff, and the housing provider, to ensure that support is personalised, effective and measurable.
- Good at communicating, forming and maintaining effective working relationships with stakeholders.
- Focused on supporting people to achieve the best outcomes as they work towards independence.
- Organised and able to manage conflicting priorities and deadlines
- Able to carry out administrative tasks alongside practical support work
- Happy to work as a team, as well as independently where required
As well as a great working environment we also offer:
- Support in your personal development goals.
- A contributory pension scheme, tuition aid and management specific training.
- 29 days holiday and 8 paid bank holidays.
Thames Reach is committed to achieving a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We value, respect, and celebrate diversity. We welcome and encourage applicants from all sections of the community regardless of their history of homelessness, sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religious belief.
For more information and to apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 17th October