In this role you’ll work with a wide variety of people from different backgrounds. They may have a history of drug or alcohol abuse or homelessness or been recently released from prison.
At any one time you’ll be working with between 10-15 people, sometimes a bit more, sometimes a bit less. You’ll support them to get their lives back on track.
Riverside was established over 90 years ago and is one of the country’s leading providers of services for people affected by homelessness. We’ve grown to become a major provider of affordable housing in England and Scotland, with almost 56,000 homes in management and support over 12,000 people every year in our Care and Support services.
Through our housing, care and support services we enable people facing a wide variety of challenging circumstances to lead more resilient and independent lives.
You’ll be working from one of our supported services and you’ll support a number of different people.
You’ll support our customers in a variety of ways. For example, linking them in with employability coaches and other support agencies, helping them manage their money, signing up for benefits or to move on to a more permanent home.
It’ll be your job to help boost their confidence and support them on their journey as they rebuild their lives.
Through all of this you’ll need to keep records of everything, so there is some admin to do.
Who we’re looking for
At times this role is tough but most of the time it can be incredibly rewarding. You will need to be resilient, empathetic and able to leave your work at work and not take it home with you.
As a minimum requirement you’ll need:
• Experience of working with vulnerable people in supported services such as dealing with homelessness and mental health.
Ideally you’ll also have:
• An understanding of supporting vulnerable people – this could include having your own lived experience of homelessness or drug or alcohol addiction.
What you’ll get
• 25 days holiday, rising to 30 with length of service + 8 bank holidays per year
• Option to ‘buy’ up to an extra 5 days’ holiday
• 2 days paid leave on top for volunteering
• Paid overtime or Time Off in Lieu – if you do more hours than contracted hours we’ll give you that time back
• Pension scheme where if you pay 6%, we’ll top it up to a total of15%
• Life Assurance equal to 3x your base pay
• Free and confidential counselling services (provided by AXA)
• Eye care scheme, £25 towards a test and £50 towards glasses or lenses needed
• Recognition scheme and Long service awards
What you’d be a part of
Between April 2019 and March 2020 here are some of our many achievements:
• Every year we support over 12,000 people across the country, who are homeless or at risk of homelessness
• We’ve supported 3,356 people or households with our projects that are funded by our charity - the Riverside Foundation.
• We’ve helped 385 customers develop their employment skills and 238 customers have moved into employment. We’ve also helped 147 into formal training or volunteering and 11 into apprenticeships.*
• Through our Ladders of Aspiration funding we’ve helped 138 customers to gain qualifications.
• Through our Money Advice service we’ve had 1,346 referrals and helped increase income for customers by £1,162,447.*
• We’ve helped support 128 customers facing challenges to live independently and receive support for their needs through our Intensive Intervention scheme.
* Our Money Advice, Employment and Training Services are part funded by The Riverside Housing Group
Applications for this role require with both a CV and Personal Statement.
Closing date: 8 August, 2021