We are One Housing and we create places for people to call home and support them to live well. With a breadth of services and expertise to help people whatever their housing, care, or support needs.
Our Homelessness and Prevention team is friendly and we love what we do. We are passionate about the high- quality support we provide.
We offer our colleagues a friendly, collaborative workplace and the chance to build a rewarding career with a not-for- profit organisation that is proud to make a genuine difference to people’s lives, each and every day.
Join our Young Peoples and Young Families team as a Support Worker
Housing sits at the heart of our organisation. We believe that everyone deserves a safe, secure, affordable home. Providing care and support to those who need it is an important part of what we do. We work with people experiencing homelessness and who often have other support needs. Our services include hostels, young peoples’ accommodation services and support delivered in the community; where we provide tailored support that prepares our customers to achieve independence and re-integrate within the community.
We’re an organisation with strong values. We keep our promises; we do a great job; we value diversity; we work together; and we look for ways to improve. These are what make us such a great team, working together as one to achieve our vision.
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join us in the position of Support Worker
Salary: £23,833 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Shifts: Early and Late Shifts - Will not work past 8.30pm.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure the service is running at exceptionally high standard and meeting all the service specification.
- Undertaking key work sessions, support planning, completing risk assessments and needs reviews usually spanning 3-4 cases at a time.
- Supporting young people between the age of 16 & 17.
- Support to develop the necessary skills to live independently, and to access training, education, and work.
- Create an environment that promotes opportunities for customers to develop, learn and enable skills towards independence.
What you will need to succeed
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and who is committed to achieving positive outcomes for all of our customers.
The successful candidate will:
- Have previous experience of working with young people.
- Have an understanding of social media impact on young people's lives.
- Be able to manage challenging behaviour and conflict.
- A genuine passion of making a real difference in people’s lives.
- Have experience and knowledge of safeguarding legislation including ability to recognize safeguarding issues.
- Have knowledge of the Housing Sector and One Housing Group’s activities.
Our Life@One benefits offer you an array of perks designed with your wellbeing in mind.
- Your holidays are important to us. Take up to 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Lean travel. Spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loans and our Cycle2Work scheme, open to alll colleagues
- Looking forward to your big bucket list trip? You can buy or sell up to five days annual leave each year.
- Get paid to do good. We offer you two days off on full pay each year to volunteer in our communities.
- Well done! With our colleague recognition programme you will know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- Learning never stops. One Academy, our innovative, in-house learning and development offering is designed to help you take your career to the next level.
- We’re here for you. Our employee assistance programme offers counselling and support for you and your family 24/7.
- Stay book-smart. Take up to five paid days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- Experience new things. We offer you a career break after 3 years’ continuous service
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, One Housing works in some of the most diverse communities in the UK and our workforce reflects that. As of December 2021, One Housing merged with the Riverside Group, creating one of the country's largest housing associations, with more than 75,000 homes. This follows a shared recognition that we are better and stronger together; and that when we combine, we will be able to do more for our customers and the communities we serve.
At One Housing, our people are our strength which is why we work very hard to enable all employees to bring their authentic self to work. This commitment is reflected in our hybrid working policy, our diversity groups support network, our wellbeing initiatives and our employee benefits.
We understand that the different skills and experiences that our colleagues from different backgrounds bring to us allow us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work. We welcome applications from everyone.
Apply today for a fulfilling career in our Young Peoples and Young Families team.