Spitalfields Crypt Trust (SCT) is an East London charity providing practical help, support and training to people who have been homeless and suffering from addiction. It runs a homeless drop-in, a Recovery Hub (which includes an abstinence-based residential recovery accommodation, a Primary Programme and a Continuing Care Programme), supported houses and two social enterprises supporting people in recovery from addictions to put their lives back together. Our integrative approach is based on the ‘Recovery Capital’ methodology and is a whole-person approach, which takes into account physical, cultural, social, human and spiritual factors and assets.
In employment we actively seek to recruit people with a good combination of talent, skills and potential, promoting equality for all, and welcome applications from a wide range of candidates. We select all candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications, experience and commitment to the values and purposes of the organisation. (Sources - Equal Opportunities Policy 2.2 (i) and (v)). SCT is a growing organisation with opportunities for people with good motivational skills and high levels of initiative.
Role and Responsibilities:
Housing and Service Delivery
- Provide strong and effective support to the supported house you are based
- Carry out assessments and inductions with residents, reviewing with them on a regular basis
- Ensure the fundamental needs of the residents are met; good quality accommodation and facilities, healthy food, benefits help and advice, medical help and support, maintain the abstinence and support based environment.
- Ensure effective and compliant administration of resident data
- Ensure Housing Benefit is collected and managed effectively
- Ensure high quality support to meet the needs of the residents
- Effective management of referrals from external and internal sources
- Ensure residents progress and engage with other SCT programmes (when required)
- Ensure conditions and requirements relating to any contracts or management agreements are applied throughout our services
- Work effectively as part of a team
- Effective control and management of cash
- Participate in a feedback culture for continuous improvement
- Promoting social inclusion for residents, allowing them to access all benefits available to them
- Support residents with physical and mental health issues, including liaison with mental health teams within the community, ensure that residents are monitored through court or welfare rulings (if necessary)
- Ensure all repairs and maintenance needs are raised to the manager
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Maintain accurate records of residents
- Comply with Health and Safety, including but not limited too any fire maintenance, risk assessments and complete room checks and raise any risks to the manager
- Ensure equipment of all applicable facilities is in good working order.
- To provide reception duties when needed
- To provide an on-call / out of hours service when required
- Carry out other duties as may reasonably be required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of issues that affect people with substance abuse / addiction
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of treatment concepts and therapeutic approaches
- Knowledge of drugs and alcohol and their effects
- Knowledge and practical experience of using InForm
- An understanding of statutory and legal requirements
- Experience of carrying out assessments developing and reviewing support plans
- Experience of dealing and working with groups in a challenging environment
- Good level of IT skills (MS Office)
- Understanding of working with people with complex needs
- Experience of housing rehabilitation programmes
- Delivers great outcomes through our vision and strategy, effectively planning and meeting targets.
- Makes effective, data-driven decisions.
Role Model / Leading by Example
- Is an inspiring role model for others, building trust and living our Vision / Mission and principles and delivering our services accordingly.
- Consistently seeks to improve how we do things to achieve and Embraces change and innovation.
- Communicates clearly, effectively and honestly. Listens to others and adapts communication to suit them.
- Works with others as one team, actively collaborating to achieve a shared vision. Building relationships across SCT, sharing information and expertise.