At Thames Reach we are committed to helping homeless and vulnerable people to live in decent homes, build supportive relationships and lead fulfilling lives. Our vision is to end street homelessness and our aim is to deliver high quality, effective services to vulnerable people.
We are looking for enthusiastic Support Workers to join the team at Acre Lane and Clarence Avenue, our accommodation project in Lambeth. Acre Lane and Clarence Avenue form part of Lambeth’s Vulnerable Adults Pathway, accommodating clients with a mix of support needs. Both projects are located close to transport links and are overseen by one team of support workers.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is keen to develop their knowledge and skills and play a role in shaping the provision of our support work.
The focus of your work will be to support and encourage clients to make positive changes to their lives. You will ensure the environment is safe, healthy, and reflective of our ethos and supports our client’s aims.
Successful candidates will be committed and well organised, assertive and persistent, able to give difficult messages and still get positive outcomes for our clients. Ideally you will have some knowledge and/or experience of working with homeless or vulnerable people with support needs, however, we will consider career changers or graduates with transferable knowledge and skills.
This is an extremely rewarding role that requires you to support our clients to view their stay in a hostel as a temporary step on a journey to independence and self-sufficiency.
You will be:
- organised and efficient in your work
- excellent at communicating and problem solving
- confident in your ability to support clients
- competent at using a computer and a range of software packages
- committed to developing your knowledge and skills
- responsive and flexible to the needs of the team and the clients
As well as a great working environment, we also offer:
- Support to develop your case working skills and specialist knowledge.
- 6.5% employer & 1.5% employee contributory pension scheme, tuition aid and role-specific training.
- 29 days holiday and 8 paid bank holidays.
Thames Reach is committed to achieving a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We value, respect, and celebrate diversity. We welcome and encourage applicants from all sections of the community regardless of their history of homelessness, sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religious belief.
Closing Date: Thursday 27th January 2022
Interview Date: Tuesday 8th February 2022