At Thames Reach we are committed to helping homeless and vulnerable people to live in decent homes, build supportive relationships and lead fulfilling lives. Our vision is to end street homelessness.
We are recruiting for a Support Worker to join our Hammersmith and Fulham Outreach and Housing First Team. This is a new contract for Thames Reach and an exciting time to be joining the team. The team will form a significant part of the boroughs complement of services working with rough sleepers. The team will continue work to reduce the number of people rough sleeping in the borough, by providing short sharp interventions to support people to access accommodation, and ensure that the appropriate support is in place. The team will also work with a cohort of housing first clients supporting people to access and maintain accommodation.
As a support worker you will:
- Directly casework rough sleepers, supporting them to access appropriate services and accommodation.
- Manage a small caseload of housing first clients.
- Be a first response to referrals, carrying out assessments with new rough sleepers met.
- Support lead workers to work with complex cases.
- Work alongside other agencies including the local authority, health services and housing providers.
To be successful you will need to:
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Be flexible and responsive to meet the needs of rough sleepers
- Have the confidence and ability to manage a caseload of complex clients
- Have the necessary IT skills to collect, collate and interpret data
- Be confident in representing Thames Reach at external meetings and with outside agencies
This role will involve office and street-based work in Hammersmith and Fulham. The role includes working shifts on a rota that covers Monday-Friday.
As well as a great working environment we offer:
- 29 days holiday
- Learning and development opportunities including Tuition Aid and training
- 6.5% employer contributory pension (with employee contributing 1.5%)
Thames Reach is committed to achieving a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We value, respect, and celebrate diversity. We welcome and encourage applicants from all sections of the community regardless of their history of homelessness, sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religious belief.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 22/05/2022; Interview date: 30/05/2022