Our vision is to end street homelessness. At Thames Reach we are committed to helping homeless and vulnerable people to live in decent homes, build supportive relationships and lead fulfilling lives.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a caseload of clients across 6 North London boroughs - supporting rough sleepers to access employment, training and accommodation.
• Work within a team to support a caseload of up to 25 individuals at risk of or currently homeless
• Work with several partner agencies including employer, accommodation providers and local outreach teams
• Utilise a flexible approach to supporting a caseload with a wide range of support needs and barriers to accessing services
• Regularly update notes and outcomes for the monitoring and reporting of work and to log and track case progression.
To succeed as the Support Worker, you will:
• Be experienced in working with, and supporting vulnerable homeless individuals
• Be able to provide a flexible and responsive service to meet the needs of rough sleepers
• Be a proficient user of Microsoft Office applications, including databases
• Show initiative and attention to detail
• Effective at developing and maintaining good and effective working relationships
• Have an interest in homelessness and a desire to support us to have a positive impact on the lives of homeless people.
We are listed in the top 100 UK Best Workplaces 2022 in the UK. As part of a commitment to our employees we offer:
• Generous holiday allowance – 29 days per year plus 8 public holidays (pro rata).
• Pension – we contribute 6.5% to your pension when you contribute 1.5%.
• Excellent development opportunities – career progression, regular supervision and appraisals, and learning programmes to support your career with Thames Reach.
• Wellbeing support – our 24/7 employee assistance programme and opportunities for TOIL.
• Life assurance – four times your annual salary with cover starting on your first day of employment.
• Critical illness – one year’s annual salary in the event you are diagnosed with a critical illness.
• Other benefits including interest free season ticket and cycle to work loans.
Thames Reach is committed to achieving a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We value, respect, and celebrate diversity. We welcome and encourage applicants from all sections of the community regardless of their history of homelessness, sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religious belief.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 21/08/2022; Interview date: 31/08/2022