We are One Housing and we create places for people to call home and support them to live well. With a breadth of services and expertise to help people whatever their housing, care, or support needs.
Our Homelessness and Prevention team is friendly and we love what we do. We are passionate about the high- quality support we provide. We offer our colleagues a friendly, collaborative workplace and the chance to build a rewarding career with a not-for-profit organisation that is proud to make a genuine difference to people’s lives, each and every day.
To Join our Homelessness and Prevention team as a Support Worker please click here!
Housing sits at the heart of our organisation. We believe that everyone deserves a safe, secure, affordable home. Providing care and support to those who need it is an important part of what we do. We work with people experiencing homelessness and who often have other support needs. Our services include hostels, young peoples’ accommodation services and support delivered in the community; where we provide tailored support that prepares our customers to achieve independence and re-integrate within the community.
We’re an organisation with strong values. We keep our promises; we do a great job; we value diversity; we work together; and we look for ways to improve. These are what make us such a great team, working together as one to achieve our vision.
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join us in the position of support officer, Crescent project works with 2 other services to provide temporary housing to the homeless and rough sleepers. Our services are designed to support and encourage its customers back into society and move on independently. Our focus is on helping customers to settle into their new home, developing skills to manage their tenancy and accessing permanent accommodation. Promoting social engagement, volunteering and work prospects.
Hours: 37.5 Per week across 7 days. Core shifts 08:00-16:00 and 13:00-21:00. additional shifts 09:00-17:00 and 10:00-18:30. 4 sleep-in's required a month. Additional pay on top of salary. 13:00-14:00 (sleeping between 23:00-08:30)
Location: Camden - Crescent Project - Kings Terrance and Arlington are within 3 minute walk from service, shifts can be allocated to these services also.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Complying with all relevant policies & procedures, including but not limited to: Safeguarding, Health & Safety, Customer Care, Equality & Diversity, the Code of Conduct etc.
- Carrying out assessments to identify and prioritise needs
- Using SMART goal planning to provide needs led holistic support
- Creating an environment that promotes opportunities for customers to develop, learn and enable skills towards independence
- Providing a comprehensive support planning service to customers in line with the department’s policies, procedures and approach.
- Ensuring customers are fully informed of their rights and responsibilities regarding the service, and are enabled and empowered to get involved in the running of the service through consultation and participation
What you will need to succeed
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and who is friendly, engaged and committed to achieving great outcomes for our customers.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good level of IT skills and literacy
- Knowledge of the Housing Sector
- Experience of providing support to others in a working, voluntary or personal capacity
- A practical solution focussed approach to problem solving
- A good understanding of Mental health, Alcohol and Substance abuse
- Experience of carrying out risk and needs assessments.
- NVQ Level 2 in health and social care is desirable but not required. Training will be given to all new employees.
Our Life@One Benefits offer you an array of perks designed with your wellbeing in mind.
- Salary: £23,833 (This salary does not including the addition sleep in allowance that will be paid.)
- Your holidays are important to us. Take up to 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Lean travel. Spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loans and our Cycle2Work scheme, open to all colleagues
- Looking forward to your big bucket list trip? You can buy or sell up to five days annual leave each [not for statutory employees
- Get paid to do good. We offer you two days off on full pay each year to volunteer in our
- Look after your loved ones. Our healthcare cash back plan allows you to claim back cash for you and your family’s healthcare.
- Well done! With our colleague recognition programme you will know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- Learning never One Academy, our innovative, in-house learning and development offering is designed to help you take your career to the next level.
- We’re here for you. Our employee assistance programme offers counselling and support for you and your family 24/7.
- Stay book-smart. Take up to five paid days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- Experience new things. We offer you a career break after 3 years’ continuous service. .
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, One Housing works in some of the most diverse communities in the UK and our workforce reflects that. As of December 2021, One Housing merged with the Riverside Group, creating one of the country's largest housing associations, with more than 75,000 homes. This follows a shared recognition that we are better and stronger together; and that when we combine, we will be able to do more for our customers and the communities we serve.
At One Housing, our people are our strength which is why we work very hard to enable all employees to bring their authentic self to work. This commitment is reflected in our diversity groups support network, our wellbeing initiatives and our employee benefits.
We understand that the different skills and experiences that our colleagues from different backgrounds bring to us allow us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work. We welcome applications from everyone.
Apply today for a fulfilling career in our Mental Health team.