Our vision is to end street homelessness. At Thames Reach we are committed to helping homeless and vulnerable people to live in decent homes, build supportive relationships and lead fulfilling lives.
Our Brent Reach floating support service is supporting people to sustain their accommodation and achieve their aspirations. Brent Reach are looking for an Support Worker to join the team.
• Be interested in working with people with rough sleeping histories or at risk of homelessness sustaining their tenancies.
• Have experience of face to face or customer service work.
• Have an understanding of how to support people to manage and sustain tenancies and engage positively with their local community.
• Have experience of supporting and motivating people to engage with health services, employment, training and education.
• Be able to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationship with other agencies such as referral agencies, health services, benefit services and registered social landlords.
• Have a good understanding of how to work as team, and share their knowledge and good practice with their colleagues, students and volunteers
• Have strong administration experience and enjoy working to support a key front line homelessness service.
To succeed as the Support Worker, you will:
• The ability to provide a flexible and responsive service to people with rough sleeper histories.
• Excellent communication, organisation and creative problem-solving skills.
• Commitment to working within the homelessness sector to support people to lead fulfilling lives.
• Creating and working through action plans and be strongly outcome focuses.
• The ability to follow instructions, manage and mitigate risk.
• The ability to use IT systems to communicate and record your work.
• Strong time management skills.
• Be confident in working autonomously as well as within a team, the role with involve office work and in the community.
We are listed in the top 100 UK Best Workplaces 2022 in the UK. As part of a commitment to our employees we offer:
• Generous holiday allowance – 29 days per year plus 8 public holidays (pro rata).
• Pension – we contribute 6.5% to your pension when you contribute 1.5%.
• Excellent development opportunities – career progression, regular supervision and appraisals, and learning programmes to support your career with Thames Reach.
• Wellbeing support – our 24/7 employee assistance programme and opportunities for TOIL.
• Life assurance – four times your annual salary with cover starting on your first day of employment.
• Critical illness – one year’s annual salary in the event you are diagnosed with a critical illness.
• Other benefits including interest free season ticket and cycle to work loans.
Thames Reach is committed to achieving a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We value, respect, and celebrate diversity. We welcome and encourage applicants from all sections of the community regardless of their history of homelessness, sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religious belief.
Closing date: 21/08/2022; Interview date: 01/09/2022