This is a fantastic opportunity within the Project, your role will be based within our newly refurbished Centre where you will manage a caseload of service users who may have complex needs and challenging behaviour. You will provide Advice, Guidance and information (IAG) to vulnerable adults and holistic support to address their needs within a psychologically informed environment.
Part of your role will also include Coordinating and facilitating our Drop-in Service for rough sleepers, providing them with a range of services including food provision; laundry; showers; clothing and nurses clinics.
You will have the opportunity to be part of a service which will really make a difference to women’s lives and have the privilege to see them grow in confidence and skills.
- Provide a high quality, person centred service to homeless women with a range of low to high needs within a Psychological informed environment.
- Provide holistic support to a caseload of rough sleeping women who access the Centre, signposting service users to the relevant services that will address their needs.
- Assist in the provision of our rough sleepers Drop – in within a safe, secure, trauma informed environment. Meeting the basic needs of the clients by providing food, warmth, shelter, showering facilities, meaningful activities and a safe place to sleep.
- Produce person centred and high-quality documents for a caseload of clients including risk assessments, support plans and referrals relating to their needs. This includes and is not limited to; housing, employment, health and financial needs.
- Provide up to date housing advice and guidance to low-to-high support service users. Signposting them to the relevant specialist services in order for them to access stable accommodation.
- Provide tenancy management and support for residents in the Emergency Beds.
The successful candidate will:
- Have working experience of supporting clients with Mental Health and/or Complex Needs.
- Have experience of providing Advice, Guidance and information (IAG) to vulnerable adults.
- Possess excellent communication and time management skills.
- Be willing and able to work flexibly to meet the needs of the women.
Must have: 1-year minimum paid experience of working with vulnerable people and those with complex needs in an Advice and Guidance or Support Worker role. (or equivalent)
Please note we do not accept CV's.
Hours 40 hours/week. Working on shift-based rota which includes early, late, night, and weekends.
Deadline for applications: Wednesday 19th May 2021 at 08:00 am.
Interview date: Weeks commencing 7th and 14th June 2021.