Join our Care team as a Specialist Deputy Manager.
We are One Housing and we create places for people to call home and support them to live well. With a breadth of services and expertise to help people whatever their housing, care, or support needs.
Our Care team is friendly and we love what we do. We are passionate about the high-quality support we provide. We offer our colleagues a friendly, collaborative workplace and the chance to build a rewarding career with a not- for-profit organisation that is proud to make a genuine difference to peoples’ lives, each and every day.
Working in Care can be demanding, but our colleagues are always kind and compassionate no matter what challenges they encounter.
Working as a Specialist Deputy Manager is not only varied and interesting, it's incredibly rewarding.
As part of our team you will be doing work you can be proud of, ensuring the safety and happiness of our customers in their home.
We’re an organisation with strong values. We keep our promises; we do a great job; we value diversity; we work together; and we look for ways to improve. These are what make us such a great team, working together as one to achieve our vision.
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join us in the position of Specialist Deputy Manager.
Your responsibilities will include:
What you need to succeed
- To provide clinical input for the staff and customers as directed by the service specification and the needs of the service.
- To ensure the delivery of a high quality supported service for customers with mental health and complex needs which reflects best practice and adheres to all relevant legislation and performance standards.
- To provide in house training to staff in personal areas of expertise i.e. counselling, nursing, social work, drug and alcohol specialist, etc.
- Recruit, support and supervise staff, setting and demanding professional standards of working.
- To deputise for the Team Manager during periods of absence and to provide management cover outside of core hours, as determined by the Team Manager.
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and who is
positive and friendly.
The successful candidate will:
- Experience working in community settings therapeutically, including assessments, designing interventions and demonstrating outcomes.
- Experience of developing interventions for both staff and customer groups
- A minimum of 1 year working experience relevant to mental health
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing including the preparation of letters, reports & file notes
- Basic level of IT skills
- Knowledge and understanding of up to date legislation, government frameworks relevant to mental health
- Knowledge and understanding of issues affecting individuals relevant to mental health
- Knowledge of safeguarding procedures for adults and children
- Knowledge of health and safety issues in relation to mental health
- Experience of assessment, risk management and support planning relevant to mental health
- Demonstrable ability to foster and maintain relations internally and externally
- Demonstrable ability to prioritise workload
Our Life@One benefits offer you an array of perks designed with your wellbeing in mind.
Salary: £28,000 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
- Your holidays are important to us. Take up to 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Lean travel. Spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loans and our Cycle2Work scheme, open to all colleagues
- Get paid to do good. We offer you two days off on full pay each year to volunteer in our communities.
- Look after your loved ones. Our healthcare cash back plan allows you to claim back cash for you and your family’s healthcare.
- Well done! With our colleague recognition programme you will know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- Learning never stops. One Academy, our innovative, in-house learning and development offering is designed to help you take your career to the next level.
- We’re here for you. Our employee assistance programme offers counselling and support for you and your family 24/7.
- Stay book-smart. Take up to five paid days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- Experience new things. We offer you a career break after 3 years’ continuous service.
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, One Housing works in some of the most diverse communities in the UK and their workforce reflects that. We understand the strength we gain from having and supporting our diverse teams. The different skills and experiences that our colleagues from different backgrounds bring to us allow us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work.
We welcome applications from everyone.
Apply today for a fulfilling career in our Care team.