We are looking for a dynamic individual with strong leadership skills to join our team.
WLM has been working in the community in London since 1887. We currently work in Lambeth, Southwark, Westminster and Islington with a focus on PTS (Person-led Transitional Strength-based) Coaching, Hubs & Residential Services, Counselling Services and Criminal Justice Services.
WLM is a values-led organisation. Our people are the heart of what we do. We have recently embarked on developing an asset-based approach in partnership with Mayday Trust building on our work embedding recovery and psychologically informed approaches.
About the service and the role
WLM Katherine Price Hughes House (KPH) is an Independent Approved Premises commissioned by the Ministry of Justice. Approved Premises (APs) provide an enhanced level of supervision, monitoring and rehabilitation for men who have been released from prison.
WLM KPH aims to provide every individual with a transforming experience that brings together an awareness of risk reduction, effective reintegration into the community and personal growth.
The Service Manager has overall responsibility for both the development and the daily operations of the service through effective and innovative leadership.
The successful candidate will be thorough in their approach to risk management and take an empowering approach to the people resident at KPH. You are someone who is able to lead a high-performing team, motivating them to be innovative in enabling people resident at KPH to build on their strengths.
You take ownership of creating a quality service and will actively contribute to the wider WLM strategy.
You are excellent at creating and developing relationships with other WLM colleagues and with external stakeholders.
What WLM will offer in return
- Generous 27 days holiday (with an additional 3 days after 5 years continuous service) plus bank holidays
- Group Personal Pension (5% contribution from WLM)
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Financial Support for a work-related qualification
- Confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Eye Care Voucher Scheme
- Occupational Health Services
- Generous Occupational Sick Pay
- Social events
How to apply
- Please visit our website to download the job description and apply.
- Please ensure that all documents submitted to WLM are in either MS Word document or PDF format. If you are using the Pages application on an Apple device, you will need to change the document to one of these formats.
- Closing dates for applications is midnight on 12th February 2022, however please apply early as the advert may close earlier.
- Please be advised that all appointments will be made on WLM’s current standard Terms and Conditions (T&Cs); this also applies to any internal candidates.
This role requires an Enhanced disclosure/DBS check.