The Brick is a growing charity with big aspirations for people in need within our community. We provide RELIEF, RESTORATION and REFORMATION by offering tailored support, hope, and opportunity to those looking to improve their quality of life. This is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional individual in a new and exciting role. Your role will be to enhance, integrate and develop all aspects of relief, whilst looking towards restoration within Emergency Accommodation delivered by the Charity. You will need to be committed in order to ensure support is provided to people from diverse backgrounds and that they are provided with information which could help self-sustaining and independent living. You will empower your team to achieve positive outcomes whilst undertaking shift work where necessary, including nights
To be successful, you will need to be:
- A person of high integrity, committed and organised
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to develop excellent relationship with all stakeholders and be able to be solution focused and proactive in partnership working.
- Flexible and able to adapt to new settings and environments and be able to work at a pace in a complex context.
- To have a proven track record of leadership and management to empower teams to reach their potential and therefore the potential of the individual
- To have a proven track record of performance management including contract delivery and KPI’s
- To be able to have good knowledge of safeguarding and risk management
- To be have knowledge of health and safety
- To be able to manage budgets
- To have a knowledge of national and local housing and homeless strategies
- To work within the Brick and Wigan Deal principles
The focus of the Senior Service Manager - Accommodation is to ensure smooth proactive service delivery to those individuals who require access to emergency accommodation safely and quickly. You must also be able to empower individuals we are accommodating to make sustainable yet robust transitions into more long term and safe accommodation. A key aspect of the role is to deliver a high quality offer of emergency accommodation, within a safe and supportive environment. Residents of the accommodation should be given key information so they are able to make informed decisions about their future and progression. A key part of the role will include staff management to empower residents to reach their potential through effective communication, partnership working and case management.
Key tasks & responsibilities
To be a member of the Senior Management Team. To deputise for the Operation Director as required. To assist in the development and operation of emergency support, particularly focusing on accommodation and asset based work. To ensure that services are contractually compliant, achieve key targets and fulfil the charity’s purposes. To ensure that the team you manage are well supported, have a clear schedule of training and development and that the provision is adequately staffed at all times, providing cover if necessary. To ensure robust safeguarding and risk management plans are in place and learning is shared with staff and partners. You will be a key influencer and able to support the development of strategic plans to ensure their sustainability, development and delivery of service. You will have a good understanding of organisational systems and frameworks, line management and project management as well as the ability to implement quality assurance systems to ensure KPIs and targets are met. The successful candidate will have personal authority, gravitas and confidence – able to influence and persuade at all levels and with a range of stakeholders.
The senior service manager’s role is to:
- Create and oversee a robust tailored support package including action planning and meaningful engagement for residents in emergency access accommodation.
- Work with other areas of the Charity in order to maximise opportunities for residents and staff
- Ensure that individuals are appropriately safeguarded and that all recording is completed to a high standard
- Ensure robust risk management planning is in place and follow the Brick risk and safeguarding reporting processes and policy.
- Develop a strong team ethos and ensure that staff develop nurturing but professional relationships, therefore showing a greater level of understanding, thoughtfulness and empathy to empower residents to reach their potential.
- Continually look for and source opportunities for your team and people they work with.
- Continually seek opportunities to improve the quality and effectiveness of the services delivered and ensure that new services are developed in line with changing demographics and needs.
- Ensure robust staff management is in place including team meetings, reflective practice, supervision and policy and procedures.
- Promote the Brick and Wigan Council principles, ethos and values.
- Focus on positive outcomes for people living in emergency access accommodation delivered by The Brick, looking at housing, health, welfare and resident’s Assets. To use a Mayday approach to intervention.
- Manage the external security contract and team.
- Oversee the Accommodation Team Lead, Out of Hours Service, Service Manager - Engagement, and Street Outreach in a joined up way.
- Develop best practice in the various models of support used within our service user’s pathway, ensuring each element of the pathway is providing appropriate and quality support.
- Support all levels of organisational management in assessing risks associated with delivering the charity’s work in all contexts, supporting the effective management and mitigation of these.
The Brick is committed to delivering Wigan Council’s Deal approach and as such we are asking for applicants who adopt the 3 core behaviours being; positive, accountable and courageous. We are looking for innovation and creativity, The Brick is not afraid to do things differently and pilot new initiatives to trial and test new ideas within a robust supportive framework.
Queen’s Hall Action on Poverty are committed to the safeguarding and protection of all young people and adults, In line with our Safeguarding policies. We will carefully select, train and support all those with any responsibility within the Charity, in accordance with our rigorous recruitment and selection policies.
The Brick is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace, which attracts all candidates and signals our commitment to celebrate and promote diversity. This includes not discriminating under the Equality Act 2010 and building an accurate picture of the make-up of our workforce.
We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and support or staff from different backgrounds
Please review the Job Description at the link below and send your CV along with a brief overview of why you feel you are perfect for this role in no more than 500 words. Please submit your documents using the link, only applications received via this link will be reviewed https://hr.breathehr.com/v/senior-service-manager-14998 , please only register your details when you are ready to attach your documents
Only applications received via the above link will be reviewed
Please apply early as we reserve the right to bring forward or extend the deadline for applications, so please get your applications in as soon as possible.
Closing Date: 12 Noon Friday 5th March 2021
Possible Interview days: 11th and 12th March