Do you want to end homelessness and make a difference to people’s lives? Are you highly motivated and looking for a challenge?
At Thames Reach we are committed to helping homeless and vulnerable people live in decent homes, build supportive relationships and lead fulfilling lives. Our vision is to end street homelessness and our aim is to achieve the highest standards and effectiveness in delivering services to vulnerable people.
Housing First is an exciting project, which supports some of the most complex and long term rough sleepers in Croydon into their own, independent accommodation, and builds a unique support package around each individual. Working in partnership with Croydon Council and other agencies, as a Support Worker, you will play a central role in supporting individuals to live independent, and fulfilling lives, and motivating them to reach their full potential.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Practitioner to join our innovative and exciting new service.
As a Senior Practitioner, you will:
- Ensuring that the service runs effectively and that staff are working productively to ensure that service users receive a high quality service.
- Line managing and supervising three members of support staff, identifying areas for professional development and supporting to progress these. Raising and addressing areas of staff performance, which are below satisfactory, following these up in line with Thames Reach’s procedure.
- Supporting and advising workers with casework, which may include attending meeting for more complex cases and undertaking frontline work when necessary. Ensuring that case notes are up to date and recorded accurately.
- Representing Housing First Croydon and Thames Reach at external meetings including multi-agency meetings with the commissioning council. Exploring the development of the service, and forming new ways of working effectively with partner agencies, and other Thames Reach teams.
- Responsible for ensuring the team is performing in with the service specification, monitoring in line with this, and providing necessary information and or reports to commissioners and line management.
Thames Reach is committed to achieving a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We value, respect, and celebrate diversity. We welcome and encourage applicants from all sections of the community regardless of their history of homelessness, sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religious belief.
For more information and to apply please visit our website.
Closing date: Sunday 24th October