This is an exciting opportunity to join Southdown’s Housing Support Team, working in partnership with Brighton & Hove City Councils Homeless and Rough Sleeping services, to provide resettlement support for people moving from emergency and supported accommodation into allocated properties.
The primary aim is to ensure clients successfully move into their new homes; retain their accommodation and settle into their community.
The successful candidate will have a flexible and dynamic approach to working with people who may present with complex needs, having experienced trauma and homelessness.
Key activities will include linking clients into key services; attending appointments; practical hands-on support; assessing needs and risks whilst working proactively and assertively to prevent tenancy breakdown.
During the pandemic, Southdown has temporarily changed the way that roles are carried out. Whilst some home working may be required, candidates will be expected to:
- Work in the community with clients whilst adhering to social distancing guidelines and Covid safe practices.
- Attend a socially distanced office environment when required upon and/or
- Work from home when necessary (including ensuring access to an internet connection and suitable home working environment).
- Candidates should be available to carry out the tasks described above in full from their agreed start date.
- Flexibility, resourcefulness and resilience are therefore essential to the role.
Closing date: 17th October 2021
Interview date: 21st & 22nd October 2021
For more information and to apply, please visit www.southdown.org/jobs