You will have knowledge of housing legislation, including tenancy management, and of the statutory frameworks for safeguarding children and young people and vulnerable adults.
- To provide cover as directed by senior staff for roles that give support to single homeless young people within a safe, supportive and secure environment. To provide an environment for residents with a programme of positive activities, that is safe, supportive and secure, to address the variety of barriers young people face. Ensuring residents feel included in the needs, risk and planning of the service they will receive, to move through a pathway to more independent living. Whilst on duty, to provide support to other staff in the service and to ensure the health and safety, security and well-being of service users, staff and visitors.
- Further information can be found at – Relief Engagement Worker Job Description
YMCA Norfolk is a great place to work, offering meaningful opportunities to make a difference in the lives of young people. Working at YMCA Norfolk is an opportunity to be a part of an organisation which is challenging, innovative, rewarding and fun! We place young people at the heart of all we do and are committed to building an organisation that is responsive to the needs of young people and our stakeholders.
What you’ll need to succeed:
You will have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with tenants, colleagues and other professionals, and be able to demonstrate emotional stability and resilience to pressure. Due to the nature of the post there may be unsociable hours of early mornings, evenings and weekends.
What you’ll get in return:
- £500 signing on bonus (T&C’s apply)**
- Healthshield Health Care Plan
- 34 days (pro rata) per annum inclusive of Bank and Public Holidays
- An additional day of annual leave (pro rata) awarded after 5 and 10 years of continuous Long Service
- Access to contributory stakeholder pension scheme after 3 months
- Health and wellbeing events and activities
- Family friendly policies
- In service training opportunities and bursaries investing in your development
- Annual staff day and staff awards to celebrate our successes
- Death in service benefit of 2 x annual salary
- Regular line management and support
- Staff discount at Stepping Stones Café, Williams Kitchen Café, Explorers Soft Play & Muddy Puddles Nursery
What to do next:
For more information on this role, please contact Vicki Palmer on 07849 085023 or email@example.com
To apply, please complete an Application Form and a Survey Form and forward along with a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Vicki Palmer
Closing date for applications: Friday 20th May 2022 at 9am
We reserve the right to close the online vacancy when we are in receipt of sufficient applications. Should you wish to apply for this post you are advised to complete and submit your application form as soon as possible.
Interview date: TBC
YMCA Norfolk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please note the successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check prior to starting employment.
** (£500 signing on bonus applies to external applicants only and will only apply to those vacancies indicated. The bonus will be paid to the employee once they have received written confirmation of successfully completing their probationary period as outlined in their contract of employment. We reserve the right to withdraw the offer of a signing on bonus at any time without notice).