We are looking for someone with a passion to provide excellent services for young people, helping and advising them to achieve their potential and reach independence.
GIPSIL is a Leeds based voluntary organisation working with local communities and supporting young people to reach independence.
You will part of the Locality team working in ENE Leeds. The role will provide housing related support in a 24/7 setting to young people aged 16 to 20 to develop their independent living skills.
This role is part of Young People’s Housing Related Support Service Our Way Leeds (OWL), delivered by a consortia of service providers. The consortia have GIPSIL as the lead provider alongside Foundation & Turning Lives Around. OWL provides a wide range of interventions to prevent homelessness, four types of supported housing and pre and post-tenancy support schemes for young people & young people leaving care including unaccompanied asylum seeker children. Young people can be single, young families or couples.
The main responsibilities of the post include: -
This post will contribute towards and be responsible for different elements of the following:
- Use a strength-based approach and restorative practice putting young people at the centre of their support.
- Work independently, often lone working for long periods, providing support in a 24/7 living environment for young people making the transition to independent living.
- To facilitate support in order to ensure young people develop domestic skills, parenting skills, life skills, social skills and behaviour management skills, where appropriate, to sustain a tenancy and home.
- Alongside the young person, professionals and close family members develop and implement a support plan and the risk assessment;
- Play a critical role in ensuring there is smooth handover to the night support staff.
For more information about Our Way Leeds please check out our website. http://ourwayleeds.org.uk/
If you are interested in this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a link to the full application pack.
GIPSIL particularly welcomes applicants from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic communities
Please note that GIPSIL will not accept CV’s. No agencies.
If you would like more information about the role, please do not hesitate to contact Dan Crowther 07391400317 or Andy Warriner 07595652491
Deadline for applications is midnight Sunday 27th June
Interview date is set for Wednesday or Thursday 7th & 8th July
GIPSIL is committed to all aspects of safeguarding. We believe that all children and adults, who are at risk of harm, have the right to be protected from abuse. GIPSIL aims to ensure that all staff and voluntary workers who seek work at GIPSIL and who have access to children and adults are safe to do so.