GIPSIL is a Leeds based voluntary organisation working with local communities and supporting young people to reach independence
We are looking for someone with a passion to provide excellent services for young people, helping and advising them to achieve their potential and reach independence.
You will part of the Locality team working in ENE Leeds. The role will provide housing related support in a 24/7 setting to young people aged 16 to 20 to develop their independent living skills.
This role is part of Young People’s Housing Related Support Service Our Way Leeds (OWL), delivered by a consortia of service providers. The consortia have GIPSIL as the lead provider alongside Foundation & Turning Lives Around. OWL provides a wide range of interventions to prevent homelessness, four types of supported housing and pre and post-tenancy support schemes for young people & young people leaving care including unaccompanied asylum seeker children. Young people can be single, young families or couples.
The main responsibilities of the post include: -This post will contribute towards and be responsible for different elements of the following:
- Using strength-based, restorative and trauma informed practice putting young people at the centre of their support.
- Work independently, often lone working for long periods, providing support in a 24/7 living environment for young people making the transition to independent living.
- To facilitate support in order to ensure young people develop domestic skills, parenting skills, life skills, social skills and behaviour management skills, where appropriate, to sustain a tenancy and home.
- Alongside the young person, professionals and close family members develop and implement a support plan and the risk assessment;
- Play a critical role in ensuring there is smooth handover to the night support staff
For more information about Our Way Leeds please check out our website. http://ourwayleeds.org.uk/
To apply for this role please download an application pack from our website and email completed applications to email@example.com
If you would like more information about the role, please do not hesitate to contact Dan Crowther on 07391400317 or Daniel.Crowther@ourwayleeds.org.uk
Deadline for applications – The closing date is Monday 31st January 2022 at 12.00 (noon). Please note that this is the final closing date and completed applications can be submitted prior to the closing date and will be shortlisted on a rolling basis
Closing date: 31st January 2022
Shortlisting date: 1st February 2022
Interviews: w/c 7th February 2022
GIPSIL is committed to all aspects of safeguarding. We believe that all children and adults, who are at risk of harm, have the right to be protected from abuse. GIPSIL aims to ensure that all staff and voluntary workers who seek work at GIPSIL and who have access to children and adults are safe to do so.