We are offering an exciting opportunity for someone to be instrumental in making this new venture a success.
The Malachi Community Homes project run by The Salvation Army in Southend, will provide six former homeless people with new accommodation, which together, with ongoing support will help them to establish themselves in a stable accommodation environment. Residents will be encouraged to use this opportunity to develop the confidence and skills required to move forward into full independent living.
The successful applicant will work, together with The Salvation Army Officer in Southend and oversee a group of fully trained and vetted community volunteers, who will provide residents with additional support. Ideally, we are looking for someone with a background in homelessness support but qualities like compassion and practical empathy will be of equal value. If you are looking for an opportunity to further your experience in homelessness services, or are looking to move into a career which seeks to help vulnerable people and ultimately eradicate homelessness, then this could be the job for you!
The successful applicant will work in partnership with The Salvation Army's Homelessness Services Unit, Southend City Council and HARP (Homeless Action Resource Project) and will be supported by Citizens' UK.
The role of Programme Manager is central to achieving positive outcomes for our vulnerable clients and has operational responsibility for a specific area of programme within the service. You will ensure the programme maximises client input and emphasises choice and control in all areas of service delivery.
The post-holder will be part of the management team producing a high quality and cost-effective service. You will monitor service delivery in line with contractual and organisation requirements. Provide Management of volunteers to ensure that both operational and missional objectives are delivered.
The successful candidate(s) will:
- Have Previous experience of managing and delivering a client focussed service which undertakes holistic support needs, risk assessments and identifies appropriate support for clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including public speaking, chairing meetings and working with external stakeholders.
- Good organisational skills, attention to detail, effective time management, the ability to prioritise work, and be able to respond to tight deadlines, working both on an individual basis and as part of a team
- Demonstrable experience of leading and managing staff, including recruitment, development and performance management.
- Proven experience of developing innovative support programmes incorporating an understanding of stakeholder and service user involvement
- Be committed to the values, aims and ethos of The Salvation Army.
Location: Southend Citadel Corps, SS1 1BD
Working Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday (One Saturday per month)
Contract: Fixed Term until April 2025
Closing date: 19 May, 2022
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Appointment subject to Satisfactory References, Proof of right to work in the UK and DBS Check.
As a disability confident scheme employer, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.
Please note that we do not consider C.V's. Promoting equality in the workplace.