The role of Programme Manager is central to achieving positive outcomes for our vulnerable clients and has operational responsibility for the Malachi project in Basildon, which provides accommodation through six state-of-the-art modular homes and support through an innovative community-based approach. You will ensure the programme maximises client input and emphasises choice and control in all areas of service delivery.
Location: Basildon Corps, Fauners, off Cherrydown West, Basildon, SS16 5AP
Working Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday (with every other Saturday)
Interview Date: To be confirmed
The post-holder will be responsible for producing a high quality and cost-effective service. You will monitor service delivery in line with contractual and organisation requirements. You will also provide management of volunteer support workers to ensure that both operational and missional objectives are delivered.
The successful candidate(s) will:
- Have previous experience of managing and delivering a client focussed service which undertakes holistic support needs, risk assessments and identifies appropriate support for clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including public speaking, chairing meetings and working with external stakeholders
- Good organisational skills, attention to detail, effective time management, the ability to prioritise work, and be able to respond to tight deadlines, working both on an individual basis and as part of a team
- Have demonstrable experience of leading and managing staff, including recruitment, development and performance management
- Have proven experience of developing innovative support programmes incorporating an understanding of stakeholder and service user involvement
- Be committed to the values, aims and ethos of The Salvation Army
In order to apply please complete and submit an application form from our recruitment web page on https://www.salvationarmy.org.uk/jobs or by using the link https://bit.ly/3tJsbbG
Please also read and download the job profile attachment for the role.
In the job profile you will find the criteria required for the role please make sure that you address this in your supporting statement.
Appointment subject to Satisfactory References, Proof of right to work in the UK and DBS Check.
As a disability confident scheme employer, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.
Please note that we do not consider C.V's. Promoting equality in the workplace.