Programme Director: Rough Sleeping Strategic Director
Want to take a leading role in eliminating rough sleeping in London?
Salary: £80,085 - 12 months fixed term contract
London Councils’ Housing and Planning Team is looking for a highly motivated person with initiative and a collaborative and flexible approach to work to maintain strong senior level relationships with a broad range of stakeholders, and influence key decision makers, to drive jointly held ambitions of eliminating rough sleeping by 2024.
You will have experience of:
- Local Authority homelessness or housing services
- housing policy and project management
- good understanding of the complex financial, legal and political context of local government in London
You will be able to:
- communicate with and influence a diverse range of people
- lead and facilitate effective workshops; successfully contract and project manage
- and lead, engage and equip London Councils staff with the requisite skills.
- have high analytical skills and be able to collate, understand, interpret and present complex issues, information and data.
- possess excellent organisational, prioritisation and time management skills.
In response to COVID-19 and ‘Everyone In’, the Rough Sleeping Strategic Group (RSSG) was established to provide system leadership to disparate London agencies to deliver greater speed and comprehensiveness to the accommodation, support and move-on outcomes for rough sleepers.
RSSG has enabled unprecedented pan-London and cross-sectoral collaboration on rough sleeping, with key partners including London Local Authorities, the GLA, MHCLG, health partners such as the NHS and PHE and delivery providers. In this context, you will be leading the project through the specification, development, commissioning and delivery of complex system-wide interventions in London, including overarching policies, processes and initiatives.
Key to your role will be coordinating resources, overseeing risk management and measuring project performance. You will be maintaining London-wide rough sleeping data and liaising with MHCLG.
London Councils represents the 32 boroughs and the City of London. We aim to get the best deal for Londoners and to ensure that London’s councils have the resources, freedoms and powers to do the best possible job for their residents and local businesses. We also run a number of services on behalf of the boroughs including the Freedom Pass, Taxicard and Health Emergency Badge.
Closing date for applications: Monday, 14 June 2021 at 12 noon
Interview Date: w/c 21 June 2021
To apply online please visit https://jobs.londoncouncils.gov.uk/
As a Disability Confident Employer, London Councils will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the post.