Full time, 37 hours a week. Working Monday to Friday on a shift basis.
£22,082 progressing £24,536
Southampton Navigators - HVAST provides support to adults with complex needs, who are living on the streets or have been placed in temporary accommodation by the local authority.
Our aim is to provide intensive, targeted support to clients, find housing options as quickly as possible and encourage them to complete activities that keep them safe.
If you’re passionate about working with individuals with complex needs and are looking for a role where you can make a real difference in the lives of those you support, then this is the role for you!
You will be working as part of a unique team to provide support to our homeless clients.
- You will provide personalised, intensive support via assertive outreach to long-term rough sleepers in the city. Maintain a consistent and persistent ‘never give up ‘approach.
- Engaging and supporting rough sleepers on the street working alongside homeless health care and the street homeless prevention team.
- Manage a caseload of clients maintaining clear and accurate records of the support offered actions to be completed and outcomes achieved.
- Complete an initial assessment to identify client needs and produce person centred outcome and holistic support plans.
- Identify positive actions and small successes to create change.
- Create dynamic risk assessments with a flexible and creative approach
- Provide information and support on housing navigating pathways and advocating for your client.
- Liaise with statutory and voluntary agencies on behalf of clients including Homeless Day Centre
- Accompany chaotic and complex clients to interviews and appointments.
- Help reduce the time spent on the street by clients leading to reduced contact with the police and other emergency services
- Provide emotional support in crisis situations reducing stress and anxiety.
- Support with practical skills development in areas such as managing a UC claim, shopping, probation and health appointments.
- Support to maintain environment to avoid eviction if accommodated.
- Attend community meetings and presentations with managers to support additional funding for the role alongside
- Access personalisation fund creatively to identifying opportunities and achieve outcomes.
- Support the whole team and take an active part in reflective practice.
- Develop and maintain excellent relations with the local community
- Any other reasonable task as requested by a member of staff
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS/TRAINING
Previous experience in this type of work is not essential but you will have a real passion for wanting to work with homeless people. Your values will match ours, you will be committed to helping others and enjoy the real job satisfaction that this brings.
- Clear verbal and written English
- Good IT and keyboard skills
- Polite, assertive manner, ability to self -motivate
- Passion for working in a client/customer facing role
- Knowledge of the benefits system and tenancy legislation
- Have an interest and genuine concern for homelessness and related issues
- Knowledge of voluntary and statutory agencies
- Full driving licence with access to a vehicle
We reserve the right to close our adverts early if a successful candidate is found, so please submit your application as soon as possible.