akt is recruiting for one Operations Manager which can be based in either Manchester or London, to develop and manage a strategy and plan for akt's operations function. This is an exciting role in our growing organisation which will involve oversight of facilities management, contract management, and data protection. The successful candidate will have a passion for our mission, vision and values and experience in creating, delivering and managing organisational systems, processes and policies.
akt is the lgbtq+ youth homelessness charity in the UK. We support lgbtq+ young people aged 16-25 in the UK who are facing or experiencing homelessness or living in a hostile environment. We support young people into safe homes and employment, education or training, in a welcoming and open environment that celebrates lgbtq+ identities.
To manage the operations function within the People, Performance and Culture directorate, to ensure efficient operation of a growing charity. In this role you will build excellent working relationships with both akt staff and external clients, suppliers and partners in akt’s four key cities.
- Develop and manage a strategy and plan for akt’s operations function
- Ensure akt has well-managed and adequate office spaces and facilities to meet the charity’s needs
- Manage the process and timelines for needed risk assessments to ensure compliance and smooth operations
- To provide office and building management and oversee any building works necessary
- Manage IT and telecom services and lead on a piece of work to improve the use of digital tools and processes within the operations function
- Act as akt’s data protection officer, ensuring adequate data protection policy and process is in place
- Support ADPPC to manage akt’s contracts and insurance
- Monitor akt’s health & safety requirements and coordinate needed activities to ensure safety of staff, young people and visitors across akt’s four cities
- To line manage staff as appropriate, with due attention to performance management and staff development
- To be responsible for managing and monitoring an agreed budget for the operations function
- To monitor and evaluate delivery and provide reports to leadership as necessary
- Take on other additional projects, as directed by the ADPPC or DCEO
Equity, Inclusion and Diversity at akt
akt is committed to improving the diversity of its workforce so that it better reflects the diverse community it serves. We actively encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds.
We particularly encourage applications from people of colour, transgender identities and disability groups, who are currently under-represented within akt.
To help us achieve this, we ask that all candidates answer Equalities Monitoring questions as part of the application process. We will not use data collected for equalities monitoring in the selection process (other than when a candidate is applying under the guaranteed interview scheme).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
We are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments individuals may require in the recruitment process, on commencement, or once in post.
Closing date: 28 October 2021