We are looking for a Maintenance Operative to join our team.
This role involves:
- Providing day-to-day reactive and cyclical maintenance services across GIPSIL’s property portfolio.
- Refurbishing empty homes to Design and Quality standards as directed by the Project Co-ordinator.
- Working as part of a team bringing leased properties to Decent Homes standards.
- To represent GIPSIL in a professional manner.
- Day-to-day property refurbishment tasks including basic joinery, plastering, decorating, plumbing, wall tiling, bricklaying etc.
- Adhering to schedules of work within set timescales as directed by the Project Co-Ordinator.
- Contribute to building work following the schedule of work
- To collect materials and equipment as required and supervise deliveries to site.
To apply for this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0113 2000857 for a full application pack and application link
To arrange an informal conversation about this role please contact Matt Barley via email; email@example.com
Please note that GIPSIL will not accept CV’s. No agencies.
- Deadline for applications:18th June 12:00pm (noon)
- Shortlisting Date: 25th June
- Interview Date: TBC
You will be informed within 5 working days of the Shortlisting Date if you have been successful or not.
GIPSIL is committed to all aspects of safeguarding. We believe that all children and adults, who are at risk of harm, have the right to be protected from abuse. GIPSIL aims to ensure that all staff and voluntary workers who seek work at GIPSIL and who have access to children and adults are safe to do so.
GIPSIL is a community based organisation providing housing, counselling, advice and support to young and vulnerable people at risk in Leeds.
As an organisation we are committed to the following principles in recruitment to ensure we can effectively achieve our aim of providing equal opportunities and safer recruitment;
- We recruit for potential, not perfection
- We are a values based recruiter
- We value lived experience as a demonstration of capability for a role
- We only utilise truly “essential” criteria in recruitment
- We are committed to safer recruitment practice
When we refer to Values we are talking about our organisational Values, found here.