At Thames Reach we are committed to helping homeless and vulnerable people to live in decent homes, build supportive relationships and lead fulfilling lives. Our vision is to end street homelessness and our aim is to achieve the highest standards and effectiveness in service delivery to vulnerable people.
We work with local authorities and other stakeholders to support our residents to maintain their accommodation, address their needs, develop their independence and move on positively to longer term accommodation.
We are looking for two capable Admin and Facilities Lead Workers to join our hostels team, working across a number of our accommodation projects in Lambeth.
One post will work solely in our 50 bed hostel in Vauxhall, Martha Jones House, while the other will work across three sites based at Lambeth High Street and Brixton.
You will ensure the service’s income is maximised through the timely application for Housing Benefit, support frontline workers to engage clients in paying their service charge and address arrears, as well as taking a lead on ensuring health and safety checks are completed and maintenance work is carried out to a high standard.
As Admin and Facilities Lead Worker you will:
- Ensure the effective housing management and related administration of Thames Reach services
- Liaise with relevant local authority departments, the Department of Work and Pensions and our internal finance team
- Provide timely and accurate information and reports to management around arrears and H&S
- Oversee complex repairs
- Assist managers in the day-to-day running and management of Health and Safety compliance
As well as a great working environment, we also offer:
- Support to develop your case working skills and specialist knowledge.
- 6.5% employer & 1.5% employee contributory pension scheme, tuition aid and role-specific training.
- 29 days holiday and 8 paid bank holidays.
Thames Reach is committed to achieving a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We value, respect, and celebrate diversity. We welcome and encourage applicants from all sections of the community regardless of their history of homelessness, sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religious belief.
Closing date: Thursday 27th January 2022
Interview date: Friday 4th February 2022