Julian House is a charity dedicated to making a difference to the lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in society. We run several projects and every year we help thousands of people out of homelessness, into employment, away from domestic abuse, and more.
If you’d like a real sense of job satisfaction, great career prospects and a competitive benefits package, you could be who we’re looking for!
Job Role: IT Manager
Salary: £40,000 per year
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Contract type: Permanent
- A valid license and access to a vehicle
- Ability to work out of hours, evenings, and weekends on rare occasions
Join our dynamic organisation as an IT Manager, where you will play a pivotal role in leading and transforming our IT landscape. We are seeking a seasoned IT professional with a proactive and innovative mindset to spearhead our small yet impactful IT team. In this role, you will be instrumental in driving strategic development, managing operations, and ensuring the continuous improvement of our IT systems.
- Delivery of the ICT strategy for the use of technology within the organisation
- Provide advice to the Senior Leadership Team on the application and use of ICT to overcome business challenges with the use of technology
- Plan and manage the IT budget for all services and purchases made
- Manage IT staff by recruiting where necessary, training and coaching, communicating job expectations and reviewing their performance
- Manage relationships with contractors and suppliers, key partners, and stakeholders
Qualifications / Requirements:
- A valid UK driving licence and access to own vehicle - business insurance will be required for roles involving travel to work
- Experience working in IT support and working with a vast array of systems and platforms
There are many great reasons to join our team!
- Great opportunities for career development and free monthly training sessions from experienced facilitators
- Wellbeing related support / advice, and up to 6 free counselling sessions through our Employee Assistance Programme
- 27 days annual leave, including an extra day off for your birthday, plus bank holidays - increasing up to 30 days after 4 years of continuous employment
- 30% staff discount at Julian House charity shops
- 20% staff discount at Julian House bike workshops
- A generous and competitive pension scheme
- Instant access to healthcare professionals and discounts on a variety of health treatments through our Simply Health Scheme
- A supportive culture where staff feedback is highly valued and regular supervisions with line managers are conducted
As an Equal Opportunities employer, we have an Equality and Diversity Action plan in place showing our commitment in ensuring continuous improvement in creating an inclusive culture. We also have a committed group of Inclusion & Diversity champions who meet monthly to ensure progress is being made. We invite applications from people from all backgrounds and cultures, especially minority groups that are underrepresented in the workplace. We also welcome applications from those with lived experience. We embrace flexibility and are proud to be a Disability Confident and Mindful employer, as well as an Armed Forces Covenant Supporter.
If you have any special access requirements or other support needs throughout the application process (including interview), please contact us so that we can let you know how we can support you. We accept CVs and applications in all formats.
We welcome applications from people with lived experience. All applicants working with our clients will be expected to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. A criminal conviction will not necessarily prevent you from becoming an employee, the decision will depend on the type of offence and its relevance to the role. If you would like to discuss any convictions you may have, please contact the person named in the advert. All information will be dealt with according to our Data Protection Policy.
Get in touch
If you have any questions about this role, please get in touch with the recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to speaking with you soon!
Closing date: 29th February 2024
Please note: We reserve the right to close our vacancies once the perfect candidate has been found. We recommend submitting your application as soon as possible so that you don’t miss out!