A vacancy has arisen to work with our dynamic Housing Related Support team to achieve positive outcomes for clients under payment by results commissioning. We are seeking to appoint a Housing Support Worker who will work across Kirklees, based at either our Huddersfield or Dewsbury office, providing one to one support to a wide range of clients who need help to find and maintain suitable affordable housing.
Fusion Housing provides housing advice, housing related support services, learning & employment opportunities to people in Kirklees, along with managed tenancy services in Kirklees, Calderdale and Wakefield.
This is a full time position (37 hours per week).
The salary is Band 3A, ie £22,911 to £23,836 per annum (NJC points 15-17).
Applicants must have:
- At least 2 years’ recent experience of working in a supportive capacity with individuals experiencing one or a combination of the following: homelessness, mental ill health, substance misuse and/or offending
- Experience of working in the field of housing and homelessness
- Up to date knowledge of welfare benefits and housing legislation
- The ability to respond effectively to the needs of individuals in a non-judgemental way
Are you looking for a challenge? Are you proactive and innovative? If so, please apply.
- Generous holiday entitlement: 30 days annual leave, 2 floating days, plus bank holidays
- Employer’s pension contribution is 5% of salary
ALL APPLICANTS MUST COMPLETE A FUSION HOUSING APPLICATION FORM
Further information, eg job description, employee specification and application form are available to download from the Fusion Housing website www.fusionhousing.org.uk
Please forward completed applications to HR@fusionhousing.org.uk
Fusion Housing has a commitment to safeguarding children and adults at risk and will ensure that all its policies reflect this.
This recruitment is taking place under our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy and Procedures.
An enhanced DBS check will be required.
Closing date: Monday 26th April 2021, 9am
Interview Date: Thursday 6th May 2021, via MS Teams conference call