We are looking to recruit highly motivated and committed individuals to join our high performing, friendly and supportive team that prides itself on the difference we make to our clients lives daily.
We began a new contract with the Ministry of Justice in June 2021, delivering a pan London Housing Advice & Interventions Service, in partnership with St Mungo's. With Single Homeless Project staff co-located in probation offices, you will be working in close partnership with Probation Services, to support people on probation to either sustain their current accommodation or to secure new housing as needed.
Single Homeless Project is a London-wide charity. Our vision is of a society where everyone has a place to call home and the chance to live a fulfilling life. We help single Londoners by preventing homelessness, providing support and accommodation, promoting wellbeing, enhancing opportunity, and being a voice for change.
We are seeking three individuals to join our team as Housing Advice Workers and deliver housing advice, guidance and support to these clients. Working with clients in your local designated boroughs, you will produce comprehensive and high-quality assessments on their support needs; particularly their housing, employment and financial needs and follow the most suitable pathway for them.
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about working in this sector and with this client group and would encourage applications from those who are also at the beginning of their career path.
To be successful, you will need to demonstrate the following either through direct experience or transferable skills:
- Some understanding of working in supported housing or floating support services, with a demonstrable knowledge of Housing and other related Legislation or a relevant qualification
- Experience of managing complex and difficult situations in relation to vulnerable client group(s).
- Ability to effectively liaise with a range of service providers or agencies in order to establish or improve services for clients.
- An understanding of the principles underlying a quality service, and customer focused, with proven ability to empower service users.
- Ability to be self-motivating, work under pressure, and manage time effectively, prioritising different areas of work according to need.
Closing date: 6th June 2022 (at Midnight)
Interviews to be held on: 15th June 2022
This post will require an Enhanced DBS check to be processed for the successful applicant.
2x FT posts and 1x 0.5 fixed term (maternity cover)
37.5 and 18.75 hours per week
Our attractive benefits package includes:
- A salary increase after successfully completing six months.
- A 37.5 hour working week including flexible working hours (core hours are 10am – 4pm) in non-accommodation services
- 25 days annual leave, increasing annually to the maximum 30 days (plus paid Bank Holidays),
- A contributory pension scheme: Single Homeless Project will contribute the equivalent of 5% of your annual salary
- Staff Health Cash Plan and discounts scheme
- Comprehensive and integrated training programme designed specifically to develop the skills and knowledge involved in our work
Single Homeless Project is actively committed to equal opportunities and the promotion of diversity and inclusion, in all of our services and workplaces. We are also Disability Confident Committed and are IIP Silver accredited.