The Hospital Admission Reduction Pathway (HARP) Navigator is an exciting role as part of the West Sussex HARP. This has been funded by Public Health England as part of the Rough Sleeping Grant Programme. The service has been so successful, a further 6-month funding has extended this service until March 2022.
Annual Leave: 25 days pa excluding bank holidays
Location: Chichester and Arun – office based at St Richards Hospital
Status: 10 month Fixed Term Contract – funding until March 2022 with potential further extension
Hours: 37 hours per week (must be prepared to work flexibly to suit the needs of the job)
It is recognised that rough sleepers across West Sussex have unmet physical and mental health needs which can often cause difficulties when trying to engage with services in a productive and long-term arrangement.
Your role will lead on:
- coordinating and supporting people who are homeless and accessing St. Richards Hospital, Chichester Accident and Emergency services
- working closely with the senior medical team, Hospital Discharge Team and other specialist
- You will also connect those individuals with other community services including the HARP Clinician and peer mentors upon discharge
You will have...
- strong communication and negotiating skills
- able to identify a range of solutions for each individuals
- ability to work in a fast paced environment with a commitment to helping individuals to make positive changes in their lives
We are looking for individuals who...
- are dynamic and have experience of working with vulnerable people and the difficulties they experience in accessing services
- have experience of supporting these individuals to address their needs through effective case work management
It is essential that you have a non-judgmental and enabling approach to supporting single homeless and vulnerable adults and have empathy with the Health, Housing and Work issues facing clients who are in recovery.
- Access to training and development
- Wellbeing package
- Charity worker discounts
- Annual staff away day
- Sick pay
An enhanced DBS check will be required for this post. Apply now by completing our application form and submitting this with a supporting statement detailing how you fit the person specification.
Details of this post can be downloaded from our website www.stonepillow.org.uk or please contact our Admin Team on 01243 537934, email email@example.com
Closing date: Wednesday, 16th June 2021