Year Here is a platform for entrepreneurs who want to tackle problems that matter, consisting of a one-year Fellowship and an Accelerator programme offering investment and business support.
We’ve got big plans for this year. Under the leadership of our new CEO, Zoë Stanton, we're hiring at every level of the organisation.
We’re on the hunt for a Frontline Coach to work with our Fellows to lead innovation in frontline public and social services across London.
About the role
As our Frontline Coach, you’ll be working one to one with our Fellows over five months, while they are embedded in frontline services across London – from homeless hostels and youth services to GP surgeries.
You’ll support them to dive deep into their placements, adding value where they can, gaining deep human and systemic insight into social issues, and leading a high-impact Innovation Project.
You’ll work closely with the rest of our programme team. The Frontline Coach will report to the Head of Frontline Innovation.
This is a freelance role mostly conducted remotely. You’ll work 10 days per 5-month frontline phase (Feb-July and Sept-Jan). Start Date: August 2021.
The role is remunerated at a day rate of £200 to £300, depending on experience.
- Work one-to-one with half of the cohort providing support throughout their frontline placements.
- Provide Fellows with guidance on how to be a useful extra pair of hands in placement, gain insight into their specific social issue area, and lead an innovation project.
- Surface any practical or pastoral issues that the Fellow might be grappling with.
- Shaping Fellows’ overall learning experience – from development planning to participating in training workshops and sessions.
- Play an active role in two Bootcamp training weeks, working with Fellows to prepare for frontline roles, understand the innovation process and develop their ideas.
Who we’re looking for
- You’ll have a background in frontline services, having worked closely with vulnerable people throughout your career.
- You’ll have demonstrable innovation expertise within the sector. Perhaps you’ve been a social worker, teacher, support worker, community organiser or NHS clinician.
- You know what it’s like to drive forward changes in delivery – identifying problems in the system, coming up with creative solutions and getting buy in from your colleagues.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and a passion for learning and development
We are committed to not discriminating on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, mental health, religion or age. We are trying to build a diverse team and strongly encourage applications from women and minorities.
Who we are
Since launching at 10 Downing Street in 2013, we’ve worked with over 250 aspiring social entrepreneurs and launched 42 award-winning social ventures like Cracked It, Birdsong and Chatterbox.
Our Fellowship is an immersive, action-oriented postgrad course. Each year, we recruit two cohorts of around 20 Fellows, professionals from diverse and multidisciplinary backgrounds. They learn at the frontline of inequality – in care homes, homeless hostels and schools across London. Then, supported by a rigorous social innovation curriculum and industry mentoring, they found some of the most promising social startups in the UK. Our new Accelerator supports those emerging ventures with investment, specialist business support, access to clients, and office space.
Year Here is a social enterprise; meaning that our purpose is to create positive change in society rather than to maximise shareholder profits.
How to apply
The closing date for the role is midnight on Sunday 16th May. We are also hiring for 3 other roles.
Learn more, including full details of how to apply: https://yearhere.org/hiring2021/