We have a fantastic opportunity for a Floating Support Officer to join our community based team in Bedford that support individuals with complex needs in their homes.
We are One Housing and we create places for people to call home and support them to live well. With a breadth of services and expertise to help people whatever their housing, care, or support needs.
Our Homelessness and Prevention team is friendly and we love what we do. We are passionate about the high- quality support we provide. We offer our colleagues a friendly, collaborative workplace and the chance to build a rewarding career with a not-for-profit organisation that is proud to make a genuine difference to people’s lives, each and every day.
Join our Homelessness and Prevention team as a Floating Support Officer
Housing sits at the heart of our organisation. We believe that everyone deserves a safe, secure, affordable home. Providing care and support to those who need it is an important part of what we do. We work with people experiencing homelessness and who often have other support needs. Our services include hostels, young peoples’ accommodation services and support delivered in the community; where we provide tailored support that prepares our customers to achieve independence and re-integrate within the community.
We’re an organisation with strong values. We keep our promises; we do a great job; we value diversity; we work together; and we look for ways to improve. These are what make us such a great team, working together as one to achieve our vision.
Your responsibilities will include:
This is a floating role and will require you to travel to visit customers in their own homes.
Undertaking key work sessions, support planning, risk assessments and needs reviews.
Creating an environment that promotes opportunities for our customers to develop, learn and enable skills towards independence
Use SMART goal planning to provide needs led holistic support
Support customers to develop the necessary skills to live independently, and to access training, education, and work.
What you will need to succeed
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and who is friendly, engaged and committed to achieving great outcomes for our customers.
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrable experience of working with vulnerable adults
- Experience of undertaking customer assessments, support planning and key-working with a clear outcome focus
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritise workload
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing including the preparation of letters reports & file notes
- IT skills including use of Microsoft packages such as Word
- Level 3 Diploma, or willingness to work towards it
Our Life@One benefits offer you an array of perks designed with your wellbeing in mind.
- Your holidays are important to us. Take up to 28 days annual leave
- Lean travel. Spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loans and our Cycle2Work scheme, open to all colleagues
- Get paid to do good. We offer you two days off on full pay each year to volunteer in our communities.
- Well done! With our colleague recognition programme, you will know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- Learning never stops. One Academy, our innovative, in-house learning and development offering is designed to help you take your career to the next level.
- We’re here for you. Our employee assistance programme offers counselling and support for you and your family 24/7.
- Stay book-smart. Take up to five paid days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- Experience new things. We offer you a career break after 3 years’ continuous service.
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, One Housing works in some of the most diverse communities in the UK and their workforce reflects that. We understand the strength we gain from having and supporting our diverse teams. The different skills and experiences that our colleagues from different backgrounds bring to us allow us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work.
We welcome applications from everyone.
Apply today for a fulfilling career in our Homelessness and Prevention team.
Closing date: 21 August, 2021