Part time - 15 hours pw
At Thames Reach we are driven and committed to helping homeless and vulnerable people to live in decent homes, build supportive relationships and lead fulfilling lives. Our vision is to end street homelessness and our aim is to achieve the highest standards and effectiveness in service delivery to vulnerable people.
We are recruiting for Weekend First Contact Workers for our accommodation services in Brixton, Waterloo and Vauxhall. You will be based in one of our hostels and facilitate access, welcoming clients, visitors and staff and pass on phone and email messages to the relevant party.
First Contact Workers will play a pivotal part in our inspiring work, creating a welcoming atmosphere in our hostels that enables homeless and vulnerable people to live in decent homes, build supportive relationships and lead fulfilling lives.
With the help of our experienced colleagues, you will be supported and trained to use your strong communication and customer service skills. You will receive regular supervision to both guide your work and encourage and facilitate your personal development.
This is an extremely rewarding role that contributes towards our service users becoming more independent and self-sufficient.
As a First Contact Worker you will:
- Manage access and entry to a designated Thames Reach service and building; this could be in person, via email or over the phone
- Deal with service users, contractors, visitors and general enquiries
- Report repairs and monitor work carried out to remedy these where relevant
- Assist in day-to-day actions supporting compliance to Health & Safety requirements
- A commitment to providing a high standard of service.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience of working in a customer service setting.
- Experience of using software packages such as Microsoft 365
- The ability to learn and an enthusiasm for training and acquiring new skills.
As well as a great working environment, we also offer:
- 6.5% employer & 1.5% employee contributory pension scheme, tuition aid and role-specific training.
- 29 days holiday and 8 paid bank holidays.
Thames Reach is committed to achieving a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We value, respect, and celebrate diversity. We welcome and encourage applicants from all sections of the community regardless of their history of homelessness, sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religious belief.
Closing Date: Thursday 27th January 2022
Interview Date: Thursday 10th February 2022