We have an exciting opportunity for an Experts By Experience Facilitator to join us based in London. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis (working 35 hours per week) and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £39,245 per annum plus benefits.
About the role:
The Passage is entering the final year of our existing strategy and a key aim is to establish a long term, cross organisational approach to involving the people who use our services (our clients) to shape our existing provision, enable their voices to be heard on policy and practice and our overall approach to developing and delivering future services. The key aim of this post is to facilitate meaningful engagement to enable feedback but more importantly, contributes towards ensuring that there is meaningful representation of those with lived experience so their voices are heard at every level, including with Trustees. We believe that the people we work with can and should hold a key voice in our organisation and support us to shape services that can help people achieve their ambitions in life.
Key responsibilities of our Experts By Experience Facilitator will include:
- Facilitate development of an Exerts By Experience programme within the Passage that works across all our services.
- Develop and maintain, with the people we work with, a recruitment and selection training programme where client experiences and questions form part of the process of recruitment of staff.
- Support the organisation to develop tool kits for incorporating client voices throughout our work.
- Develop opportunities for clients to run short training programmes for all staff based on their lived experience.
- Coordinate opportunities for clients to be involved in democratic processes and policy and/or evidence gathering discussions.
- Improve capacity and develop best practice to be shared widely across the sector.
- Work alongside the Senior Management and Service teams to implement the plan, monitoring progress and providing regular reports.
Our ideal Experts By Experience Facilitator will have the following skills, experience, and knowledge:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience of working with vulnerable people within a charity setting.
- Experience of developing or delivering client involvement/Experts by Experience programmes at scale.
- Experience of delivering training or workshops across staff groups
- Experience of managing a programme of work and writing reports using data and qualitative feedback.
- Involvement in developing strategy at a project or organisational level
- Experience of leading or facilitating change at a local or organisational level.
- An understanding of the causes of homelessness and the needs of those experiencing homelessness.
- Knowledge of existing good practice related to client involvement/ Experts by Experience programmes in charitable organisations.
- Ability to use leadership skills to facilitate collaboration across teams and services.
- Knowledge of various media styles to communicate messages and how to apply them in difference contexts
Deadline for applications: Friday, 21 May 2021 - 10am
The interview date: Wednesday 09 June 2021
If you would like to join us in the role of Experts By Experience Facilitator , please click ‘apply’ now – we would love to hear from you!