- The Employment Co-ordinator (EC) will lead on all aspects of service aimed at supporting people into employment, including Information, Advice and Guidance.
- The EC will work with all rough sleepers and those at risk of rough sleeping, with an emphasis for those who have no recourse to public funds
- The EC will be responsible for building partnerships with employment agencies both inside and outside London
- They will also liaise with the local Job Centre Plus on behalf of Barons Court Project guests.
- They will be involved in the development of the post to meet the needs as they change over time with this particular group
Key areas of Responsibility
- Promote and initiate partnerships with Employers, Recruitment Agencies and Local Job Centre Plus to provide legitimate work for client group
- Undertake needs assessments of each guest accessing the Employment Programme and tailor a support plan that sets out a pathway to move forwards
- Use a variety of methods including coaching, motivational techniques, SMART goals to support guests on their journey
- Explain and assist individuals to meet the legal requirements for working in the UK – as a migrant worker, self-employed worker or as an employee
- Inform guests of employment rights and entitlements in the UK
- Assist guests with direction to courses for English for Speakers of other Languages (ESOL).
- Assist clients with obtaining a National Insurance Number
- Assist clients with opening a UK Bank Account
- Organise translation/interpreting services where necessary
- Organise travel expenses and appropriate clothing for guests who have secured interviews
- Provide practical and emotional support and encouragement to the guests within the community
- Maintain good relationships with all relevant stakeholders and promote the service to other homelessness organisations
- Run Employability Workshops for small groups of guests
- Produce resources to equip beneficiaries to write a compelling CV, Cover Letters or complete application forms
- To prepare guests for Job Interviews and be job ready
- To ensure all services operate according to operational specifications and to keep appropriate records
- To ensure all Health & Safety and organisational policy requirements are met
- To ensure guests are involved in the planning, delivery and evaluation of services.
- To supervise volunteers (appropriate to areas of work)
- To participate in the recruitment, induction and training of volunteers
- To be responsible for the Budgets of the Employment Coordinator’s Programme including processing petty cash receipts and ensuring full records are kept
- To process petty cash and payments in accordance with the projects policies and procedures
- To keep full and appropriate records including: guests attendance and information; client files; incidents and accidents; attendance of all volunteers and outcomes.
- To participate fully in the work of the Project Team
- To attend team meetings, supervision and such other meetings as may be required
- To attend training as may be required
- To undertake such other tasks as may reasonably be said to fulfil the purposes of the post
Closing date for applications: 3rd March 2021
Date for interviews: Friday 12th March 2021