We believe that everyone deserves a chance in life to become who they want to be regardless of their situation, and with the support and guidance from our dedicated team of staff with over two decades of knowledge, we believe we can achieve positive outcomes for all.
AMAT have been ever present in the homeless sector offering supported accommodation to the people in Kent and we are currently looking to recruit a full time Development Officer to join our amazing team on a two year fixed term contract.
The main purpose of this role is to develop a sustainability and development plan for AMAT’s 411 Hub, apply for funding/tender for contracts, and build relationships with partners and donors to raise AMAT’s profile.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
· Proactively identify potential funders (major donors, trusts and foundations and corporates) for projects and core support of 411 HUB and lead them through the solicitation process.
· To write applications to reach a range of potential and current donors.
· To develop relationships with grant making Trusts, Foundations and major gift individuals.
· To support and develop both the communication and fundraising strategy.
· You will play an active role within the Charity and help us explore opportunities for growth and strategically build and manage relationships with new and existing partners.
· Ensure robust monitoring and evaluation for each application, with a focus on Impact.
· Ensure records are fully up to date with all compliant information.
· To attend meetings with existing and potential funders, to record meetings as required.
· Researching new major donor prospects adding potential donors to the database to be included in the rolling programme of applications.
· Organising and delivering engagement events for Trusts and major donors.
· To provide updates and project reports to Trusts, Foundations and major donors as required evidencing the impact of their funding.
· To report monthly activity to the Senior Manager of Core functions in relation to Fundraising and Marketing
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, with excellent communication and organisation skills, and the ability to work as part of a team and build trusting relationships with others. Experience of fundraising is essential to this role, as is experience of working at a charity, and dealing with various types of people in the private, public and voluntary sectors. The ability to have empathy towards our service users is also essential; you will have a positive attitude, with the ability to motivate others, as well as being able to problem solve and be solution focused. This role requires good financial and social media knowledge, therefore training in finance, and creating budgets and experience of using social media platforms is also strongly preferred.
The hours for this position are 37.5 per week, with a flexible hybrid working pattern that can be agreed with the right candidate. The salary for this role is £28,000 per annum to start, increasing to £30,000 per annum following the successful completion of a probationary period. This is a fixed term two year contract, and part of your role will be to bring in funding for your role to continue longer than this initial two year period.
AMAT is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Our attractive benefits package includes:
· 28 days annual leave (Including bank holidays) rising in increments to 33 days, with an additional leave day each year for non-smokers
· Flexible hybrid working pattern
· A contributory workplace pension scheme, in which AMAT will contribute the equivalent of 3% of your pensionable salary
· Comprehensive training package including both in-house classroom and E-Learning courses, which have been tailored to develop the skills and knowledge needed to work at AMAT
· Regular 12 weekly line management supervisions, and development focused annual appraisals
· AMAT’s Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) is available to all staff
· Access to an online employee financial wellbeing hub
· Free tea/coffee for all staff (in the office)
Please read our privacy notice for job applicants before applying for this role, this can be found on our website.
This is a very varied role, and if you are looking for a challenge and want to make a difference, we look forward to hearing from you!