We welcome applications from people with lived experience of the issues faced by the people we support such as homelessness, substance use, imprisonment and mental health difficulties.
Central London, like many cities across the world, is an exciting and stimulating place. However, for some, it is a place to go when things have gone profoundly wrong and there is nowhere else. When people are on the edge, homeless, isolated and in despair there must be a place to turn. The Connection is there to be with people as they overcome that isolation, recover and move on to a meaningful, fulfilling life. As a Catering Volunteer you will be supporting our Catering Team to deliver our fantastic free afternoon food service in our community café style canteen.
Tasks & Activities:
- Interact with the people we support in our centre.
- Handle food and serve hot meals.
- Keep the Catering Team updated on food stock levels.
- Monitor food portion control.
- Wash up and keep the area clean.
- Top up the tea and coffee station.
We hope you:
- Complete the volunteering induction prior to your first shift.
- Attend each of your volunteering shifts reliably at the agreed time.
- Maintain boundaries and confidentiality.
- Are polite and respectful whilst volunteering.
- Contribute to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment.
Qualities & Experience:
- Base level of food knowledge, no food or cooking qualifications needed.
- Comfortable with hot food.
- Confident talking to the diverse group of people we support.
- Awareness of the support needs of the people we support.
- Ability to use own initiative with minimal supervision whilst serving.
What to Expect:
- We will reimburse reasonable expenses.
- Development opportunities such as training and shadowing.
- A volunteer supervisor to meet with you for regular check ins.
- Complete an application form via our website.
- Have a chat with two members of staff about the role.
- Provide documents for your DBS check.
- Take part in our volunteering induction.
Day and Time: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday 1.15-3.15pm
Closing Date : Sunday, 27 June, 2021