We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join us in the position of Care and Support Assistant.
We are One Housing and we create places for people to call home and support them to live well. With a breadth of services and expertise to help people whatever their housing, care, or support needs.
Our Care team is friendly and we love what we do. We are passionate about the high-quality support we provide.
We offer our colleagues a friendly, collaborative workplace and the chance to build a rewarding career with a not-
for-profit organisation that is proud to make a genuine difference to peoples’ lives, each and every day.
Working in Care can be demanding, but our colleagues are always kind and compassionate no matter what challenges they encounter.
Working as a Care and Support Assistant is not only varied and interesting, it's incredibly rewarding.
As part of our team you will be doing work you can be proud of, ensuring the safety and happiness of our customers in their home.
We’re an organisation with strong values. We keep our promises; we do a great job; we value diversity; we work together; and we look for ways to improve. These are what make us such a great team, working together as one to achieve our vision
Your responsibilities will include:
What you need to succeed
- Administration of medication (training provided)
- Personal Care
- Attending appointments along with our customer
- Participating and creating social inclusion activities
- On weekends - food preparation
- Be a listening ear to our customers
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and who is
positive and friendly.
The successful candidate will:
- Be caring and hardworking
- Be happy with personal care
- Able to use initiative
- Be qualified to NVQ Level 2 or will to work towards this qualification
- Have experience of working with vulnerable adults within a voluntary or paid capacity
Our Life@One benefits offer you an array of perks designed with your wellbeing in mind.
- Salary: £12.15 Per Hour
- Working hours available: Rolling shift pattern across 7 days. 07:30 - 15:30 08:00 - 16:00 09:00 - 17:00 10:00 - 18:00 13:00 - 21:00 14:00 - 22:00 – No sleep in, weekends required
- Your holidays are important to us. Take up to 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Lean travel. Spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loans and our Cycle2Work scheme, open to all colleagues
- Get paid to do good. We offer you two days off on full pay each year to volunteer in our communities.
- Look after your loved ones. Our healthcare cash back plan allows you to claim back cash for you and your family’s healthcare.
- Well done! With our colleague recognition programme you will know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- Learning never stops. One Academy, our innovative, in-house learning and development offering is designed to help you take your career to the next level.
- We’re here for you. Our employee assistance programme offers counselling and support for you and your family 24/7.
- Stay book-smart. Take up to five paid days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- Experience new things. We offer you a career break after 3 years’ continuous service.
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, One Housing works in some of the most diverse communities in the UK and their workforce reflects that. We understand the strength we gain from having and supporting our diverse teams. The different skills and experiences that our colleagues from different backgrounds bring to us allow us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work.
We welcome applications from everyone.
Apply today for a fulfilling career in our Care team.