We are recruiting an Assistant Manager at the Sanctuary to work on a full time contract to support the management of the facility and the staff team to provide an efficient and effective service. This is an excellent role as the next step in a career within the homeless or charitable sector.
New Hope is a charity that exists to support individuals who are homeless or in vulnerable housing. Providing accommodation as well as group and one-to-one support, we seek to transform and rebuild damaged lives. Founded upon Christian values, we support those regardless of faith or beliefs and welcome applicants from all backgrounds and beliefs. Our accommodation can sleep up to 66 people every night across three buildings and we help over 500 people each year.
At New Hope, we are passionate about the work we do and the successful candidate will uphold our ethos and values. Within an engaging and supportive environment, they will have the chance to undertake excellent training and take on more responsibility as they grow and develop in their role.
The working pattern is Tuesday to Saturday 9am to 5pm. There may be some times where flexibility will be needed eg to attend meetings or events.
Some of the benefits of working with us are:
- Salary of £25,000 per annum including on-call allowance
- 33 days’ holiday pro rata, including Bank Holidays
- Health care cash plan
- Discounts on shopping and restaurants
- Contribute to society by adding value through the work of an established charity
Reporting to the Sanctuary Manager, this role will be key to:
- Assisting the manager in progressing service users within the Watford single pathway
- Working as part of the Sanctuary management team in the day to day running of the Sanctuary, taking responsibility for decisions as necessary
- Assisting in ensuring safe staffing requirements are met, liaising with casual workers and agencies
- Building positive relationships within the Sanctuary and across other New Hope services
The Assistant Manager will need to:
- Have experience of working in the homelessness sector and understanding the needs of service users
- Work positively within a person-centred approach
- Work effectively unsupervised and as part of a team
- Be highly motivated, enthusiastic and responsive to change
- Be an excellent communicator, both orally and written
- Be proficient in the Microsoft Office Program Suite
- Have a strong understanding of professional boundaries
For more information about this exciting role, please contact Alison Burgess, HR Manager, email@example.com or 01923 210680.
To apply, please send your CV together with a letter of application stating how you meet the essential and desirable criteria stated on the person specification to Alison Burgess, HR Manager.
Closing date: 9am 21st June 2021
Interview dates: 23rd and 25th June 2021
New Hope is an equal opportunities employer, values diversity and is strongly committed to providing equality in employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge within the homelessness sector, please apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed as received. We reserve the right to close the advert early.