We have two Advice Workers postions at GIPSIL.
1 post Engage East Wedge (permanent) and 1 post Engage South Wedge (12 months fixed term contract)
GIPSIL is committed to all aspects of safeguarding. We believe that all children and adults, who are at risk of harm, have the right to be protected from abuse. GIPSIL aims to ensure that all staff and voluntary workers who seek work at GIPSIL and who have access to children and adults are safe to do so.
GIPSIL is a community based organisation providing housing, counselling, advice and support to young and vulnerable people at risk in Leeds.
As an organisation we are committed to the following principles in recruitment to ensure we can effectively achieve our aim of providing equal opportunities and safer recruitment;
- We recruit for potential, not perfection
- We are a values based recruiter
- We value lived experience as a demonstration of capability for a role
- We only utilise truly “essential” criteria in recruitment
- We are committed to safer recruitment practice
When we refer to Values we are talking about our organisational Values, found here.
The main responsibilities of the post include:-
- Provision of advice, casework and consultancy support in respect of welfare rights and housing issues to those accessing ENGAGE Leeds housing support services and to colleagues involved in ENGAGE Leeds service provision.
- Management of own caseload with minimal supervision, including casework and advocacy up to and including representation at appeal tribunals.
- Assistance in the provision of ongoing training in welfare rights and income maximisation.
To apply for this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0113 2000857 for a full application pack and application link
To arrange an informal conversation about this role please contact Sarah Duffy via email: email@example.com
Please note that GIPSIL will not accept CV’s. No agencies.
- Deadline for applications:7/6/21 12:00pm (noon)
- Shortlisting Date:8/6/21
- Interview Date:14/6/21
You will be informed within 5 working days of the Shortlisting Date if you have been successful or not.