Solo Housing is a registered provider and charity based in Diss. It provides supported housing and homelessness prevention services to single people in East Anglia
The primary objective of the post is to provide advice and assistance to single people to help them secure or retain suitable accommodation.
The post will support homelessness prevention activities under the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017 and facilitate access to accommodation for single people under part 6 of the Housing Act 1996
- Provide a person-centred approach to accessing accommodation for single people
- Assess single people for suitability for a range of housing options including, supported accommodation, lodgings, private rented accommodation (including shared accommodation)
- Provide assertive outreach service to single people at risk or experiencing homelessness
- Provide advice and assistance for single people to access the housing register
- Assess housing type and banding for single people in line with the Home Options Policy following a face to face assessment, telephone assessment or online application
- Provide advice and assistance to single people who are seeking accommodation or need assistance to prevent their homelessness
- Check and respond to referrals made by the wider LA Housing Options team
- Make referrals and follow up to relevant supported housing or other providers in the area based on
- Liaise with other agencies to complete any background checks to support the assessment process
- Work in partnership with local authority and delivery partners including access to other statutory services or making an internal referral within the authority
- Advertise for & recruit landlords to provide lodgings bed spaces within the area to facilitate placements
- Provide ongoing support to lodgings landlords including information and advice on being an effective landlord
- Provide a matching service for lodger landlords and prospective lodgers to facilitate successful lodgings placements
- Develop relationships with PRS landlords to secure suitable PRS shared accommodation
- Encourage clients to comply with all aspects of their occupancy agreement with particular regard to payment of rent and welfare benefits.
- Assist, where possible, in the provision of move-on accommodation for single people in supported accommodation and lodgings
- Ensure that emphasis is placed on the prevention of homelessness and provide education and advice to clients and other agencies as required.
- Manage, maintain and prioritise own workload.
- Maintain appropriate records and statistics Offer all people who approach Solo Housing a consistently high level of service and undertake all duties with due consideration of the need to ensure equal opportunities and service users’ rights.
- Establish and maintain responsive liaison and partnership arrangements externally.
- Work to meet organisational KPIs where appropriate.
- Provide statistical and other reports on the performance of the scheme for internal use, for the Local Authority or for other agencies as required.
- Represent the organisation at external meetings as required.
- Take on any other duties consistent with this post as agreed with the line manager, respond to the changing needs of the organisation, the team and the service users and adapt working practices accordingly.
- Participate in team meetings, communicate effectively with other staff and contribute to the development of the team.
- participate in training needs analysis and undertake training where a need is identified
- Attend and participate in regular supervision and annual appraisal.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of Solo Housing.
- Be aware of and work within Solo Housing’s Health and Safety Policy at all times and report any issues of concern.
- Be aware of and adhere to all relevant financial procedures and regulations and report any discrepancies either on the part of the post-holder or others to the manager immediately.
- Positively promote the work of Solo Housing to other organisations.
- Promote service user involvement within the organisation.
- Work occasional flexible hours as appropriate to the needs of the post.
This job description outlines the general ways in which it is expected you will meet the overall requirements of this post.
The list of tasks is not an exclusive one and duties may be varied from time to time by the line manager. This job description is subject to regular review.
Principle terms and conditions
Location: The post is office based at Solo offices & other locations according to the needs of the service. May also include some home working
Pension: Auto enrolment scheme (Workplace pension) – employer contribution 8%
Probationary Period: 6 months
Hours: 30 hours per week to be mutually agreed. – TBC
A mileage allowance will be paid as necessary and as determined by the Executive Committee of Solo Housing.
Further details of terms and conditions are available on request.
Deadline for applications: Thursday, 29 April 2021